SmACk TaWK Sams Club Brackets & Power Polls

20. SmokinPelletheads

Sure would like to know who the cooks are on this team?

I maybe able to donate a Green Mountain Grill...Just not sure if I am following this thread well enough to figure out what is going on...If somebody wants to PM me and get me clear on what these prizes are supposed to be maybe I can figure it out!

This has to be FREE to play (Bob Brisket) thanks for the heads up. Our initial idea would be to donate to charity...but we can't accept money.

One of the many fine folks on this site that want to step up and give a gift certificate or a free something for the cause, here are some great ideas.

A Gift Certificate to your site
$ Off to your cooking class
Free Sauce or Rubs or Injections
Instructional Videos
Free Entry to one of your events

Just some ideas...now make it rain!

To the Grand Champ I'll donate a free Competitors Box Plus a $69.50 value. It comes with all of our Injections & Soak with a Injector and a free product mixer.

if I I understand from reading the rules that you have to be in all 3 rounds and that all teams will be reseeded after the regionals. Is that correct?

If you are in the competition can you play?

I will sign up for the fun of it and also throw in a prize package from Alaska.

Since I don’t know anything about the teams it will be a wild-ass-guess (wag) on my part, but what the hell, I enter the March madness each year and don’t watch any of the games. So count me in!

Just let me know where to ship the donation.

troy

After the regionals have been decided...we will reseed the teams and you all have a clean slate. Just so everybody can stay in this...after the local events are done and we have our winner. We will fire it back up again and do the same thing with the Five Regional Finals. Same thing...you pick 10 teams, but the points double.

After that we will take it down to the Nationals. Same thing...you pick 10 teams, but the points triple.

Im just a little confused ( I know thats nothing new). :confused:

Are teams going to be reseeded after each round? Does "after the regionals have been decided" mean after the local contests or the outcome of the region contest?

Wow...what a response!!!

So...I will try and plug away on the seeding...they are not all done yet and I have to go back and have the COMPUTER re-seed all of the teams.

Yes, you can be involved in this competition and participate in the brackets.

I will try and PM all of you tonight, but here is what we've got so far:

Kosmos Q: Giving a Comp Injection package worth over $70...unless, you win...then it becomes priceless.
Great Lakes BBQ Supply: Stepping up $100 gift certificate towards all of their fine products.
Plowboys / Smoke on Wheels: Willing to donate some product and/or discounted spots at a cook class. This stuff gets serious results...nationwide! I missed the class in Michigan (I called day before) and am regretful of that, but with my accurate assessment of these things...I may be going for a discounted rate when I win.
Burnt by the Best / Bentley: Considering putting a Green Mountain Grill. I actually cook exclusively on them and we've never had so much success. You just set it...and forget it! I will PM you tonight...Thanks!
Whiskey Bent BBQ: Chad is out of control and will put you in his all inclusive Competition BBQ Boot Camp in Florida...including food, shelter, beer, real world cooking class, shirts...and you walk with all the trophies of the day (if there are any). Disclaimer: You do not take the prize money and pay for your flight!
www.bbqmagonline.com : Brian is going to give a free subscription to all that participate and is considering what else he can do to sweeten the deal. Exciting stuff there for an up and coming bbq enthusiast!
Kebroak Charcoal: Is willing to donate charcoal....details to follow. When we roll out the Stumps (waiting on reply)...we use Kebroak Lump...perfect pieces. If only it were cheaper to freight charcoal.
"Unnamed BBQ Sauce & Rub Co." is going to donate. This stuff is magic and has produced a Top 10 Overall Finish at the 2010 Jack (its first time being used), including a monster call in Ribs. In its first true competition run in Plant City, Florida it missed Grand Champion by 1 uncut rib (true story - ouch). 2nd comp...used by two teams in Florida at Lakeland Pigfest...it received 7 out of 10 possible calls (this includes overall). They are a bit hesitant, but I will strong arm (Old Kimbo Slice-style). I am 5'10" & 200 lbs and open all of the 2 Liter bottles at my house...who could stop me?

Keep it coming.

The plan currently is as follows...Chris from IQue is going to ask a couple questions about rule changes, to see which plan you all like most and I will continue getting the seeding right. Our hopes are to have a form that we will post and this can/will all be done electronically. MY COMPUTER IS THAT SMART 97.5% ACCURATE!

Stay motivated...the short answer to all of the other 68 posts is....YES, we will do this for other events as well, but this one may be the only one that picks up some product help from all the good folks on this site!

Oh yeah...if you know of an unknown team that has been taking cooking classes...sell them out on this site so that the information can be put into our database.

If you know anybody willing to help the cause...send them in.

Stay Tuned!

A team for me to watch would be FOWL BUTT out of decatur in. They will be cooking at traverse city mi. the way it looks. They won ribs at teladaga last fall. Could be a sleeper team .just sayin.

We are throwing in the following Brethren Pack:

1 - Quart of Blues Hog Tennesee Red
1 - Quart of Blues Hog Original
2 - Simply Marvelous Rubs (Your Choice)
2 - Plowboys (1 bovine Bold and 1 Yardbird)
1 - The Rub Company Santa Maria Style
3 - Spicewine sauces (1 Blue Collar, 1 Black and Gold and 1 Sweet Heat)
2 - Kosmos 1/2lb. samplers (1 Beef Injection and 1 Chicken Soak)

I'll sweeten the pot with
2-Bigmista t-shirts (yes we have 5x now)
2-Bigmista caps
2-bottles of Bigmista's Secret Sauce (1 regular & 1 spicy)

Back