THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fullbore

Got Wood.
I got a used Rocks Bar-B-Que stoker, I've watched every YouTube video I think made, read the manuals on Rocks website. I can't for the life of me get it to configure to my wifi. Can you change the IP address on the stoker to anything? I would like to think that I'm pretty IT savvy but this has me baffled šŸ˜•

I cant speak to the Stoker exactly, but I have seen wifi connectivity issues with a flame boss. The root cause turned out to be that the temp controller would not work with the security protocol that was currently running the WIFI. Trying changing the type of security protocol. Examples would be WPA2, WPA, WEP, or no security at all. In reading the wifi directions it looks like you need to make these changes prior to enabling the wifi capabilities of the stoker. Hope you figure it out.

Just the stoker black box, I did quite a bit more messing whit it last night. Although I did figure somethings out like don't clear the DB without writing down the calibration #'s lol. I'm going to run this whole thing by our IT guy at work today and see what he thinks

Does it have "STOKER II" on the front?
If so that would be a third gen box.
Or 2nd gen WiFi. First gen was white and no wifi!

Both WiFi boxes setup the same.
And each use a separate IP for wired and WiFi.
When booting if it does not see a wired IP connection it then looks for the WiFi IP.
Both are easy to setup. Look in the manual around page 24 or 25.

If you are unable to get it up and running correctly call ROCKS directly. They are super nice and extremely helpful. I have sent them my Stoker and a blower for repair and they never charged me.
Top notch customer service.

Does it have "STOKER II" on the front?
If so that would be a third gen box.
Or 2nd gen WiFi. First gen was white and no wifi!

Both WiFi boxes setup the same.
And each use a separate IP for wired and WiFi.
When booting if it does not see a wired IP connection it then looks for the WiFi IP.
Both are easy to setup. Look in the manual around page 24 or 25.

its the black box not the II i think im getting it somewhat figured out, going from a BBQ Guru its gut different pry not as hard as it seems just different

Some people ended up using a wifi access point and connected to the stoker with a network cable.

Back