Ribeyes on the Santa Maria

I've grilled two big batches of hot dogs on my argentinian grates; I struggled enough with the first one to consider getting a set of flat grates but I just angled the dogs about 30 degrees for the second batch and that minimized rolling.

Ah ha....I see you have a Scottsdale. Wonder if yours is angled different than the OP's. He says his is angled so the grease will collect at one end.

I did the "angle" trick that you're employing on hot dogs with one of my grills when the expanded metal meat rack humped up in the middle after getting too hot. It worked as long as you didn't walk away. As soon as you did, they would roll off onto the ground. :mad2:

Ah ha....I see you have a Scottsdale. Wonder if yours is angled different than the OP's. He says his is angled so the grease will collect at one end.

I did the "angle" trick that you're employing on hot dogs with one of my grills when the expanded metal meat rack humped up in the middle after getting too hot. It worked as long as you didn't walk away. As soon as you did, they would roll off onto the ground. :mad2:

Same builder as the Scottsdale, but it's a BLAG - brick-lined argentinian grill - so it doesn't have a lid like a Scottsdale and the firebox has an extension at the back for a brassero. The grates are angled so that grease runs into catch trays in front/under the grates.

Attachments

• PXL_20210821_200638474.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210821_200638474.MP.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Noticed you are close to me. The beef looks good, where do you get it?

I have been looking for local beef suppliers.

We visited Piloroc farm this past weekend and I was impressed with the variety of meats.

Noticed you are close to me. The beef looks good, where do you get it?

I have been looking for local beef suppliers.

We visited Piloroc farm this past weekend and I was impressed with the variety of meats.

I have a small farm and raise my own Dexter beef, one steer/heifer per year. You could try calling local beef processors and see if they can sell a half or quarter. I also raise goats.

Back