THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

jdub

is one Smokin' Farker
Today is "odd rib flavors day" (what did he say?)
I have 4 racks-2 bb and 2 spares.
I am in search of something totally out of the box for rub and/or glaze/sauce.
One will be garlic/soy/honey (kinda terryaki, but not really), one is a mango concoction i came up with last night (really sweet, hint of heat, its going to be wonderful on chicken, recipe to come!).
One will be traditional-in case it all goes to hell we have some dinner.
That leaves one.
inspire me boys! Something different to try. Not kinda different-WAY different.

I leave for the grocery in an hour.

My BIL has a Luau every summer and lsat year I cooked St. Louis spares glazed with pineapple juice that I had reduced on the stove until it was slightly thick. Not really that unusual as a flavor goes, but different on ribs.

Try a mango/habanero glaze. Get some mango nectar from the store. Should be in the Mexican foods section. Simmer with a diced habanero (just the fruit, no seeds or ribs). Brush on as a finish glaze. Mango and habanero is a great flavor pairing.

still trying to get the hang of the penalty box idea.
I am wondering if Trp1fox deserves a stay in the box for the "boiled" comment????

Hmmmm How about Thai Peanut Sauce/ Coconut Milk / Guiness / and a hint of Chipotle Pepper? ( simmered for a couple of hours of course in order for the sugars to carmelize)
Honestly that one just popped out of my head... any opinions?

I have been thinking about doing some Caribbean Jerk flavored ribs. I bet they would be killer!

I have been thinking about doing some Caribbean Jerk flavored ribs. I bet they would be killer!

do it, mon!

babybackribs-015.jpg

20jan07-014.jpg

i like painting my ribs with "peach pie glaze" shortly before pulling, give good flavor and adds a nice appearance

i like painting my ribs with "peach pie glaze" shortly before pulling, give good flavor and adds a nice appearance
"Peach pie glaze" - what exactly is that?
I live in peach country and we don't glaze pies.

Ain't Just for Pies

"Peach pie glaze" - what exactly is that?

i found this product at a discount food mart, bought all four of them @ buck a piece, don't know about pie making but does well as a glaze for ribs, apparently you can buy pie glazes in a fair amount of fruit types, thinking rhubarb might work,

Attachments

• P7270382.jpg
    P7270382.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 82
I listed this before but here it is again:

Sweet Island rub
Ingredients
3 Tbsp. Caribbean jerk seasoning (I use McCormick)
2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
1 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Rub on ribs (This will do 2 slabs)

Sweet Island Sauce
Makes about 2 1/2 cups

Ingredients
1 cup apricot-pineapple preserves (I cannot find these together so I use 1/2 cup of each)

3/4 cup pineapple juice
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tsp. Caribbean jerk seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Directions
1.Stir together all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.

Apply as finishing sauce.

Sounds like a deal.
Never seen it, but maybe you can find it again.
If you see it again, let me know, I would to try it.

Back