THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know how this came about? Was it an idea from the BOD? KCBS office? Either way, I think it's great.

-Mike

This is from the Board of Directors, I have been working wih Rd for 3 months to get this on track, we are stil working the bugs out...... should be a grat asset for our members.

Gene is a team player. But Gene has put this together for the BOD despite some internal resistance. Thank you Gene. What a home run!
Merl

I am sorry, but I don't understand how this works,,

Do you,

A- already have tax papers (and pay the taxes later, like me) ,have the card, and get additional discount with my kcbs membership?

or

B- you can get a RD card using kcbs tax number? no additional discount?

You can not use KCBS tax number with your card, if you did they would get everyones tax expempt discount come tax time and they would have to cover the tax bill. It took me about 20 minutes to get my card, few phone calls, etc. I was told I need to bring my tax exempt letter in to be tax exempt, for now just pay the tax. no prob

One of our members here in Philly called me from RD. He had the posting printed from the website, they were not aware either, but I told them to look at the global records, they did and a card was issued. I think you just need to give them the correct facts.

Well done, Gene << That's a KCBS director who's giving value to members.

Hopefully y'all are in an area where RD is located. But still, you get my point. Way to go, Gene Goycochea!

We went in to RD with Business Cards. (As directed by one of our restaurant owner friends.) And, twenty minutes later, had a card on our own. If we had registered with RD online we would have received a discount on our first purchase.

We went in to RD with Business Cards. (As directed by one of our restaurant owner friends.) And, twenty minutes later, had a card on our own. If we had registered with RD online we would have received a discount on our first purchase.

I forgot to use my coupon. :mad:

I am sorry, but I don't understand how this works,,

Do you,

A- already have tax papers (and pay the taxes later, like me) ,have the card, and get additional discount with my kcbs membership?

or

B- you can get a RD card using kcbs tax number? no additional discount?

Many competitors do not have thier own businesses. RD normally requires you have proof you are a business entity to shop there. In addition, if you want to buy in true wholesale fashion, sans tax (the assumption being you will charge tax on your sales) you have to provide your Tax ID, or a proof of Tax Exemption (not for profit, for example).

This benefit is for all the folks that fit that mold. Those of us operating a business, can already be members for free. Those that are not business owners cannot. This KCBS program allows everyone to join RD, even if you don't own a business. Should be a great benefit for folks.

There are no additional "discounts" to be had. (outside of the initial purchase coupon from the web)

Congrats to all of you lucky enough to have a RD nearby. No such luck here.
Any chance a deal could be made with Sams Club??
ModelMaker
Sams Club has a yearly fee..RD does not so
anyone can get a Sams Club membership

Back