THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For a while their business was so slow that they allowed the general public access. Every time I go I call first to make sure they are aware of the KCBS pass, then I print the page from the KCBS site and copy my membership card. I show it at the desk, but nobody ever reads it. Take a jacket, the cold room is large enough for a forklift to drive around and it's very cold.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4279956&postcount=24

They made me out a card last year when it was slow. It wouldn't hurt to ask when you go. The one I go to is constantly changing desk staff, so you never know. Maybe you will get lucky.

My local store always gives me a hassle about the name on the account even with the KCBS account number. Eventually they let me in it just takes some patience with the desk staff.

My local RD is currently open to the public.
Theres one catch for public patrons (which I personally couldn't care less about)... all sales are final.

When (or if) they go back to no longer letting the public in, I'll renew my KCBS membership.

Every time I go I call first to make sure they are aware of the KCBS pass, then I print the page from the KCBS site and copy my membership card. I show it at the desk,

Before i got a business membership I would just tell them the account # for my local KCBS branch. No need to keep printing that page.

Just prepare for sticker shock with all fresh Beef and Pork Ribs. Restaurant Depot sells for actual market price vs. the grocery store that will sell something like Spare Ribs at a loss knowing you will pick up BBQ sauce, beverages, paper plates, etc. while you are in there.

My last two RD trips were depressing because there were no good meat deals. They will mark down meat in cryovac nearing the end of its shelf life 25% or more, but you have to get lucky and be there on the right day! Chicken and Frozen fish are still reasonable...

was at RD last week still issuing day passes to the general public. prices aren't what they used to be.

their upper choice superior brand Angus brisket is as good as I've seen for commodity meat and is my goto

One of my good friends owns a Cuban restaurant in OC

I have no issues shopping at RD. Just tell them I'm with his restaurant.

Back