THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you not been reading about Jeremy's adventures in opening a restaurant? Heed the cautionary tale :becky:

And Marty, the entire thing about holding meats is nowhere near as big a deal anymore, for a commercial kitchen, CVAP technology as well as active cambros, make holding almost all meats a lot easier.

A little over an hour and a half drive... hmmmmm If I leave at 10:15 I can go there for lunch everyday. Back to work by around 2. Don't think the boss will mind at all!

Well OK maybe I can't come that often but I will definitely get there. I have tasted your food before so I know it's good. Any chance I can get cheesecake?

Looks good! Best wishes! :thumb:

Have you not been reading about Jeremy's adventures in opening a restaurant? Heed the cautionary tale :becky:

And Marty, the entire thing about holding meats is nowhere near as big a deal anymore, for a commercial kitchen, CVAP technology as well as active cambros, make holding almost all meats a lot easier.

The cvap's do work really well. Still working on our timing of holding and cooking, but they make life easier.

Jason, congrats on the new restaurant. The food looks great. I will make sure to stop through the next time I am in the area.

Jason, that looks awesome! I admire the courage you have to leave your job and also your fiance's understanding. Great stuff. Good luck!

Jason, we go through there about every 3 or 4 months. Next time we're up that direction I'll stop in and see if I cant get some pork, jambalaya, might even try some of those fried ribs. It all looks awesome!!!

Jason, we go through there about every 3 or 4 months. Next time we're up that direction I'll stop in and see if I cant get some pork, jambalaya, might even try some of those fried ribs. It all looks awesome!!!

Come on out :clap2:. Looking forward to all brethren who can make it this way!

Good luck on your venture. The one thing I can suggest is not to go cheap on your holding CVAP equipment. The differences can be worth every penny you spend on it.

Fried ribs look awesome.

Good luck on your venture. The one thing I can suggest is not to go cheap on your holding CVAP equipment. The differences can be worth every penny you spend on it.

Fried ribs look awesome.

I'm lucky in that the owner has a lot of great equipment here. Either that came with the place or a few new things he bought.

Congrats! Brunswick Stew is a staple in all of the BBQ places here local, with the exception of one. The one exception is a guy from Texas, but he has Hot Links, and that is something none of the others have. They all sell a ton of stew, and he says he sells all the hot links he can make.

You can get the stew by the gallon here to take home with you.

Other staple items, seem to be lemon pie, coconut pie, those stuffed potatoes, and hush puppies. Hush puppies even if they dont offer fish.

Either way, I wish you the best.

Back