THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beautiful job!! I'm surprised that and orbital sander was enough to expose some of the aggregate...figured you'd have to use a diamond wheel. I made a "terrazo" coffee table back in the early 70's using white cement and marble chips. I used some black chips to make a big "peace" sign in the middle then ground it down to expose it. All my hippie buds thought it was the bomb, lol.

Using the melamine coated MDF is the key. It makes the surface very smooth right out of the mold. The silicone on the edged also made for a nice rounded corner, so not much sanding was necessary. The dark brown is not aggregate, it's the umber concrete I used to fill the pits from air bubbles.

jagardn, that is fantastic! Great tutorial as well. Any brethren would be major proud to have something that sweet and we are proud you posted this. Very very nice.

With the mold materials, MDF, concrete, sealer and wax it as about $300 for the top. I liked granite, but it priced out at a lot more. Plus I like building things and the concrete countertop would be one of a kind. :)

Very nice! I have a granite top for my BGE table and it was $400 (so $100 more.) My original plan was to do a concrete top, but decided against it. I did't want to take the chance of it cracking with freeze thaw and everything.

Very nice! I have a granite top for my BGE table and it was $400 (so $100 more.) My original plan was to do a concrete top, but decided against it. I did't want to take the chance of it cracking with freeze thaw and everything.

My concrete slab is 60x33, my estimates around here were more like $600+. I won't have the problem with freezing and cracking in south Florida. :)

Very nice. I ordered cheng's books and videos with the intention of doing something like this someday. I hope it comes out as nice as yours did brother.

Looks great! That's a great set-up and the best table I've seen.

That's awesome. Very weather proof too. I just built a table - a mock-up actually - out of pine. You can see the top here. Before I decide on materials for my permanent table, I am going to give a concrete top serious consideration. Maybe for the lower shelf too. I hope you don't mind me borrowing your idea. What's the rest of the table made from?

Attachments

• 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 134
Beautifully done:) That was a lot of work, but I'm sure you are gonna have that setup for the rest of your life

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

You have the mold, you have already made one, you should see if anyone else would like a custom made Primo table top. We already have a Brethren that makes custom handles you can start making table tops. Show those pictures at your nearest Primo Store and I'll guarantee you you will have a brand new job, damn that is beautiful. I have always loved concrete table tops as they are so unique. Great job!!!

Back