THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Hey all. I had a real nice Prime Rib of Pork that I purchased from Snake River Farms, and have been waiting for a good chance to use it.

Well, there is a Throwdown going on here; http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217726, to show off the fine products and services provided by some of the brethren here. So in this cook I am using products from Snake River Farms, Simply Marvelous and Kosmos Q. And again here, I thank them for the products they produce and the support they provide this site, very generous of them.

I started by placing the roast in a honey, ginger, garlic and apple juice brine for about 24 hours, removed, rinsed, and seasoned up with Killer Bee (chipotle) seasoning from Kosmos Q. The plan was to cook it indirect on my Weber Kettle at around 225-250, with apple wood for smoke, to an IT of approx 130, rest, and then sear prior to serving.

I also made up some roasted potato's, carrots, brussel sprouts and onions. I oiled these up and seasoned with Simply Marvelous Season All. Roasted all of this on the Smokey Joe.

Okay, here are the pics;
Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20053_zpsifmz5d54.jpg

Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20054_zpsrtpypvxt.jpg

You can see a bottle of Kosmos Q Competition BBQ sauce in the pic, I actually wound up leaving that off. It is a real good sauce, I just opted not to use for this cook. The Killer Bee rub complimented the brine very nicely, and produced a very flavorful roast.
I also had to split the roast into two, because the whole would have been way to much for the two of us, and this way we have some great leftovers.
Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20057_zpsrogukdc2.jpg

Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20059_zpsmzlwzsme.jpg

Into the brine;
Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20061_zpsw9rgmxzs.jpg

Seasoned up with the Killer Bee rub;
Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20066_zpslhj3mglx.jpg

Onto the Kettle;
Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20071_zps5c7egmoi.jpg

While this was rolling I prepped the vegies;
Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20068_zpsshgahwxs.jpg

Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20075_zpsyzqzm06b.jpg

Onto the Smokey Joe;
Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20077_zpsxyleav7r.jpg

The rib roast off at an IT of 130, covered with foil while the vegies finished and I got some good hot coals going for the sear;
Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20080_zpsxiybi3ux.jpg

Back on for the sear;
Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20081_zps4ke0o5cu.jpg

A couple of platter shots;
Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20085_zps5lykopal.jpg

Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20088_zpsf1q301a7.jpg

A plate shot;
Prime%20Rib%20of%20Pork%20090_zpscvbk5aci.jpg

It all turned out delicious, very tender, juicy and flavorful.

If you get the opportunity to try the Kurobuta pork from SRF, give it a try, it is a great product, just as the rubs from Kosmos Q and Simply Marvelous really worked well for this cook.

We enjoyed it very much. Thanks for looking all!

Keep on Qing:-D

KC

Oh my, that is a beautiful plate, one of my favorite cuts of meat.

I've been dying to buy one of these, but, I gotta stop spending

OH MY GOSH! This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks back at ya Annella, for providing a great product to work with!

Oh my, that is a beautiful plate, one of my favorite cuts of meat.

I've been dying to buy one of these, but, I gotta stop spending

Thanks Bob, I really know what you mean, I got a freezer full I need to get used up!

KC

Abso-farking-lutely fantastic !!!

You did SRF, Kosmos and Simply Marvelous proud.

As a side point, all 3 of those companies have recently sponsored the Throwdowns, so very good choices

Anytime someone asks me if heritage style pork is worth the price THIS is exactly the cut and exactly the cooking process I tell them to try first. After cooking ONE like a prime rib they never question it again other than WHEN they will be doing it again.

That looks fantastic sir. I'll have to pick some local berkshire and make another myself. It's been too long.:thumb::thumb:

Back