THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome Show!!!

That was a really well done BBQ show! I think it can be a tough balance between the technical/geek aspect of it, and building up the drama. This one had it right.

Every team had their challenges (though Myron would NEVER admit it, that's just how he rolls), and watching them work through it was really interesting.

Congrats to the winner! (I don't want to spoil it yet: someone else do it!)

Anyone else notice the trophy base is a UDS? Great show, entertaining with a little drama and a satisfying ending..

The show I have been waiting for....be grat if they could develope a few weeks of stuff and show them......thanks to CBS for taking the chance.

Great show, best ever as far as I am concerned.
Neil, ya done us proud brother.
Our local cablevision and tv guide was no help at all as far as identifying this show on cbs but since I knew, I was able to both tune in and dvr it. Great seeing Ray and all the other folks to boot.

I loved the show, I wish next time they would include a backyard guy just to see how they would do against the pros. I would like to take my kettle and UDS and cook with these guys. Sometimes I think we over think BBQ, with 20 thousand dollar smokers and Guru Temperature timers. Give me my kettle and my UDS with some store bought sauce and rubs and I can cook some damn fine BBQ.

Awesome show. It was waaaaay better than best in smoke. And it was great to see bigmista on the tube!

By far the best put together BBQ show I've seen. Just enough of the smack talk we all love to do, no stupid challenges and just enough time to get the food done..yet force a bit of urgency.
I loved that Bubba had to overcome the new pit and lost probe and still found a way to win. That's a real pit master!

I loved the show, I wish next time they would include a backyard guy just to see how they would do against the pros. I would like to take my kettle and UDS and cook with these guys. Sometimes I think we over think BBQ, with 20 thousand dollar smokers and Guru Temperature timers. Give me my kettle and my UDS with some store bought sauce and rubs and I can cook some damn fine BBQ.

While Mista has a growing vending business and is gaining well deserved publicity from several angles, to me he's still a perfect representative of a backyard cook at heart... and I mean that with the most respect and sincerity.... Remember, it was only a few years ago he was posting about all his cooks coming from his apartment balcony w/ a chargriller, kettle and drum...

The ONLY thing I didn't like about it were the opening "weigh in speeches" by the contestants, that was the one part that seemed a bit scripted or unnatural (except for Myron). The rest of their ribbing and trash talking seemed legit and all in good fun.

Other than that, I thought it was a great show. I LOVED the amount of time showing tips that the home cook could use. The amount of humor and tension were perfect. The single blind side judging was insightful.

As far as product placement goes, I don't have a problem watching the college bowl games with corporate logos on the field, NASCAR, or the Metlife or Goodyear blimps covering sporting events. So I certainly am glad Kingsford stepped up to help get this on TV.

Honestly, I thought John Markus was being bit of an arse talking about Best In Smoke in some of the early interviews (after Season II of Pitmasters), but I bit my tongue and am glad I did, because I was wrong. My grandfather always told me, "It ain't braggin' if it's true." I have to give props and thanks to Markus, CBS, Kingsford, and all the other sponsors for getting this on TV.

Neil.......You were a class act. :clap2:

This was,by far,the best BBQ comp. show that we have seen. A little heavy on the smack talk,but overall a good balance between info & entertainment. One can only hope that this format will be used in future shows. Qualified judges & reasonable objectives are a worthwhile addition.

Back