THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
So have given the new instant pot a few whirls since I got it on Christmas and it is nice having a pressure cooker again. I haven't really used any of the set features as most recipes I've made have called for manual running similar to the last pressure cooker I had. But the 8qt capacity is awesome.

Making some ham bone soup tonight. Snagged the first recipe that looked good and as normal I didn't follow it completely. But this is the one I started with.
https://www.simplyhappyfoodie.com/instant-pot-ham-hock-bean-soup/

Saute'd the veggies on the stove as I doubled the recipe and the saute feature isn't great (which I knew it wasn't). Easy enough for me on the stove so not a problem.
G5IOPF0l.jpg

NZG9hKZl.jpg

Better than bouillion stock and added beans and the ham bone. Its a little full so we'll see how it does :becky:
JaKdxMhl.jpg

2fSOx9kl.jpg

ln1HCM4l.jpg

p5SNdNgl.jpg

z06txHpl.jpg

Love beans in the instant pot. Sucks to be on a low carb diet. I never use the pre programmed buttons, they normally aren't right anyway. The saute feature is pretty good for beans. After they are done, take the lid off, and turn on saute to reduce the broth down, into that thick bean juice, that you won't get, with just pressure cooking.

That looks great! We snagged the bone from the ham I cooked at my parents house to make split pea soup. I may have to try it in the IP!

#I too have a ham bone waiting to meet up with some split peas. I like the sound of Hoisin in a bean soup.

That looks great! We snagged the bone from the ham I cooked at my parents house to make split pea soup. I may have to try it in the IP!

I was borderline between this recipe and a split pea version. The bone was so big I had to cut it in two and in hindsight should have done 2 soups, but I was maybe having cocktails today and didn't think so smart :crazy:

Love a good ham soup, that looks delicious. I have a recipe I've fine tuned, it's a cream of ham, cheddar, and potato.

Back