THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ulc

is one Smokin' Farker
This is indoor home oven cook and not outside on a grill. I was in mood some pizza so my daughter and I made potato wedge pizza for lunch today. Well, she did most of the work while I supervised and helped little.

We decided to make Korean potato wedge pizza. Koreans like interesting toppings on their pizza and potato wedge pizza is one of the most popular pizza in South Korea. Typically it has tomato sauce, potato wedges, bacon, onions, corn, and mozzarella cheese for toppings and mayo is drizzled on top of the finished pizza. We subbed ham for bacon and left out the mayo to give little lighter taste. My daughter loves cheese so we stuffed the outer crust with mozzarella cheese as well.

AUPFe8ih.jpg

t27QYZzh.jpg

hNtlx2rh.jpg

hQlGscNh.jpg

hX0pdslh.jpg

OyHb7Jch.jpg

It was most excellent and just as good as the potato wedge pizza we had in Seoul.

Thanks for looking!

It was most excellent and just as good as the potato wedge pizza we had in Seoul.

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for posting. I’m going to give this a whirl in the coming week.

I assume that you parboiled the potatoes. Is that correct?

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc
You're not even kidding - Korean pizza places have some of the most interesting toppings... and combinations thereof... stuff I'd never think to try.

Thanks for bringing just a taste of that here... Potato wedges... corn... keep the hits coming. This is great!

I'd sure hit that for lunch! Kudos to your daughter for her pizza skills.

• Thanks
Your dough looks perfect

Thanks! Made the pizza dough using our Panasonic bread machine.

Thanks for posting. I’m going to give this a whirl in the coming week.

I assume that you parboiled the potatoes. Is that correct?
Yes, I placed the cut potatoes in a dish, covered it with water, and microwaved it for 4 minutes. Then I dried the potatoes on paper napkin and seasoned it with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and italian seasoning before using frying pan on the stove to brown and firm it up a bit. Then I topped the pizza with potato wedges and cooked it for 20 minutes at 375 F.

You're not even kidding - Korean pizza places have some of the most interesting toppings... and combinations thereof... stuff I'd never think to try.

Thanks for bringing just a taste of that here... Potato wedges... corn... keep the hits coming. This is great!

I'd sure hit that for lunch! Kudos to your daughter for her pizza skills.

Thanks! My daughter is slowly showing some interest in cooking. So I try to ask for her help and get her involved here and there.

As for Korean pizza, they have some crazy toppings. They love to experiment and have fun. Dominos and Mr. Pizza both have some interesting pizza in Korea.

Here's video "The True Origins of Pizza" released by Mr. Pizza.
https://youtu.be/KiLA6Bk_ivs

It examines and investigates whether Marco Polo stole pizza from Korea. :heh:

Very interesting indeed,it looks Tastee.Good job.I love those "Butterfly" pattern plates.I have several sets just like them.Corelle rocks!!!

• Thanks
Very interesting indeed,it looks Tastee.Good job.I love those "Butterfly" pattern plates.I have several sets just like them.Corelle rocks!!!

I didn't even know "Butterfly" was considered vintage pattern and collectable. We got these plates for free years ago from a friend who was throwing it out. I like it because it's light and safe for microwave use.

We make potato pizzas with par boiled slices and the final topping is at the table, just like one of those build-your-own stuffed potato bars. So, sour cream, green onions, bacon bits, cheese.... etc.

Reminds me of California Pizza Kitchen's Rosemary/Potato pizza they used to have on the menu!

I didn't even know "Butterfly" was considered vintage pattern and collectable. We got these plates for free years ago from a friend who was throwing it out. I like it because it's light and safe for microwave use.

I have my Mother's old set that she used for everyday plates when I was a kid.I have found several additions at our local thrift store.I buy every one I see with that pattern.The serving dishes and accessories are a little harder to come by than just the plates.

Back