THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't forget Yardbird on corn on the cob!

But... We've gotten away from the original question... Which Plowboys rub on turkey?

I think Yardbird would be great on turkey, but if you don't mind a little different flavor, the Jerk rub would also be very good.

I used Yardbird on a Turkey this past weekend. :thumb:

My dad has been asking me what I want for Christmas, I sent him a link for some Bovine Bold (and a few others) today. I'm wishing I would have asked for some Jerk also...

This weekend in Tempe, we grilled chicken wings on the BGE. They were marinaded with The Jerk rub and pineapple juice concentrate. Just get a can of the frozen stuff at the grocery store and pour it into a ZipLock with wings and rub.

Purty tasty.

At the American Royal, we injected a pork butt with pineapple juice and seasoned with The Jerk rub. Had a jerk pulled pork. Got rave reviews by the folks drinking our keg. The keg probably had something to do with it, too.

I just got some Yardbird at Bass Pro and I will be using it for the 1st time on a Thanksgiving turkey on the smoker.

This past weekend, I used the Bovine Bold and Jerk (finely ground) with Guiness Stout & Coke for a brisket injection, Bovine with my normal competition rub over the whole packer, and Jerk on the burnt ends with Guiness & Funny Farm BBQ sauce in the pan. The slices and the burnt ends came out pretty darn tasty.

I've also used the Yardbird on chicken & ribs for tailgating - quite a hit!

Todd you've got it going on with all your rubs.

Just cooked the best turkey I've ever done with Yardbird. I just got some Bovine Bold and I like so much I could eat it with a spoon....
Did a turkey myself Saturday with Yardbird......AWESOME!. Wish I could do another one for TG, but I have some family that can not take ANY kind of spice......so...still smoking, but just need another option for a spice.

Good gosh almighty, the FTC would have a field day with this thread.

I like to sprinkle Yardbird on steamed vegetables with butter. Also like to use Jerk on poultry and pork chops and steaks with a little brown sugar.

Yardbird or jerk on the turkey! YUM!!! Yardbird is also great on corn on the cob, popcorn, just about anything. I'm another person that keeps it on the table beside the salt & pepper.

Here's another one. When prepping your spares the night before give them a light to medium dose of Yardbird, then wrap in plastic wrap & refrigerate overnight. In the morning hit them with some Jerk rub before they go on the cooker. Good eats right there!

Back