THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered. Amazon Prime free shipping. Texas sales tax about 90 cents.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009IH0ICG/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1494625159&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=pit+barrel+cooker&dpPl=1&dpID=41N81KycYeL&ref=plSrch[/ame]

Mine's here!

i-vqM2GfL-XL.jpg

Should be able to give it a seasoning Sunday. Probably try it out late in the day with something quick.

Thanks guys, I think I'm just going to do chicken. Probably it will do fine seasoning the PBC and the leftovers will be welcomed on the planting crew.

Thanks guys, I think I'm just going to do chicken. Probably it will do fine seasoning the PBC and the leftovers will be welcomed on the planting crew.

Chicken is usually the inaugural cook. :thumb: Gotta feeling you're going to like the PBC a lot Norm.

It's Been 2 Years!

Today this thread is 2 years old! :clap2:
I say this a lot but I truly never imagined how much traffic this thread would attract or how popular it would become. As of today we have had over 6100 posts and over 420,000 views in the thread. I appreciate everyone who's provided information, pictures, comments, etc and kept the thread alive.
When I go back a year ago and look at the post count, we were at 3300 (160k views) so compatible speaking the thread is still just as strong as it was after the first year! :thumb:

Thanks again to you all and I can't wait to see what awesome looking creations you folks come up with over the next year!

Now get to cookin! :becky:

I also received mine. given that this thread is over 400 pages---can someone please point me to the best method to fire her up? (Number of briquettes, how much air intake for augusta, ga, and preheating time before food?)

I also received mine. given that this thread is over 400 pages---can someone please point me to the best method to fire her up? (Number of briquettes, how much air intake for augusta, ga, and preheating time before food?)

Fill the coal basket to your desired level. Take out 40 briquettes (from the coal basket) and place in a chimney. Put the coal basket in the PBC with your vent cap (intake) set to 1/4 open (eyeball it). Light your chimney. When the coals are lit and glowing hot (however long it takes) dump the lit chimney over the top of the unlit coals in the PBC. Put your rebate in and place the lid on. Take this time to go prepare your meat. Wait at least 15-20 minutes before placing your food in the PBC. When you put your food in make sure you get it in quickly and shut the lid so your temps don't spike.

That process will get you started. It may cook perfect for you or you will be a tad hot or maybe a tad cool. You can adjust your lit coals but 2-4 either at the start way to help with temps or make very slight adjustments to your vent cap until on your first couple cooks to get where you wanna be.

Good luck and Welcome to our PBC community!

Last edited:
I just got done butchering a whole bone-in choice ribeye, and was gonna put pictures on this site. Now I have beef envy after looking at yours, Sako. But Hell, for $5.99 a pound, how bad can it be????

Back