pictures from my first ever smoke! Pulled pork, ribs and Mac'n'cheese

daveca83

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Dave
I thought I owuld post some pictures from my first ever smoke. I bought a WSM 18, and put it to use this weekend. I cut the pork butt in two, as the piece I got was already almost in two piece, and once I trimmed some excess fat, it was practically apart anyway.

The ribs were an impulse buy, knowing I was using the smoker anyway, and the Mac n cheese was more of an experiment.

The pork was great, the ribs were tender and delicious and the mac n cheese worked as well. I was quite proud of myself. The only thing I wasn't happy with was the rub, which was a little spicier than I had intended, but it's all trial and error!

Attachments

• porkchop.jpg
    porkchop.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 314
  • porkclose.jpg
    porkclose.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 309
  • porkgrill.jpg
    porkgrill.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 309
  • porksand.jpg
    porksand.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 308
  • ribs.jpg
    ribs.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 312
Sure looks great, I mean really great,you make it look like you have been doing that for years.
Your going to stack on weight

That is one mighty fine cook there!!:thumb::thumb:
The pork butt looks almost perfect and the ribs do to!! I would do damage to all of it, especially the mac and cheese! Keep up the good work and post the pics!!

Thanks everyone! So good to get encouragement, and I got most of my tips from this forum and online.

I made my own rub from cumin, chilli, salt, sugar paprika and cayenne pepper, but used to make pulled pork in the oven so it tended to dull the flavours. This time they were more vibrant, so I will scale it down next time.

Very find job indeed. Now you are hooked. Welcome to the club. I found that cayenne between brands vary greatly in how spicy or even within the same at times. Perhaps that was the case?

Ya man looks great! Love the color of that pork and that mac too :-D

What experiment did you do on the mac? I'm always looking for a better mac recipe.

Nice work! I started on the WSM and I still love that thing even now that I have big competition cookers. It makes great authentic bbq

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

There ya go man! :clap2: Really looks good - definitely not like the first time.

Congrats on a successful cook. Everything looks perfect and no doubt the flavor was there.

Back