THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
I had some wild duck breasts left in the Phreezer.
Marinated these in:red roast marinade,limejuice,chardonnay,L&P,olive oil,garlic,thyme,laos,cane sugar,salt,pepper.

Drums were coated with olive oil,rubbed them under the skin with a bit of Lawry's seasoned salt and on top with some Phoil Hat rub

Brother QuasaR's Orange MUDS was holding temp at 300F.

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

Those breasts are big! I've never had it before. John loves duck though and I'm going to have to show him your boobs. Nice job as usual.

Great meal, I love duck. I've never smoked boneless breasts before, do they stay moist? What internal temp did you bring them to?

These are quite lean pieces,they had a lil bit of bite to 'em.
I didn't checked the internal temp,I just pulled them off when the chicken was done.
My thought was that if it wasn't edible yet I would finish it in the oven...this wasn't necessary,maybe I could've pulled it off sooner.
I'm not very famillair with wild poultry like this.

Back