Phubar's Burisuketto Umami Pron

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
-starter smoked shrimp ramen soup (Phubar)

-main course umami brisket with Japanese rice and smoked stirPhry veggies (Phubar)

-dessert thin sliced kaki Phruit with kaki/yoghurt/mirin icecream and smoked nuts (Padawan)

Last Phriday I made my take on umami brisket.
A while back I saw this thread .
APhter a little googling I read this site .
Combined the two and made it my own.

BeePh bouillon

Made a beePh bouillon out of beePh shanks,onion,carrot,celery,tomato,garlic,salt,pepper.

-browned the beePh shanks in olive oil and butter
-got them out of the pan
-threw the veggies in with a bit of salt and brown them in the beePh Phat
-added a bit of water to release the brown bits on the bottom of the pan
-added beePh shanks and added more water and bayleafs
-aPhter a couple of hours simmering on low heat I got the beePh shanks out of the pan.
-I browned the beePh shanks again,added water and aPhter a hour simmering I added this back to the original pan with bouillon and simmered for a while
-sieved the bouillon,pressing most of the liquid ot of the veggies...saved the meat Phrom the beePh shanks
-put it in the Phridge overnight...next day scoop the Phat off the top
-smoked the beePh bouillon

Dashi

Made dashi out of broccolini stems,paksoi stem,shrimp shells,kombu,bonito Phlakes,dried shiitake,soy sauce,Phish sauce.

-rehydrating the dried shiitake for a couple of hours
-browned the broccolini stems,paksoi stem,shrimp shells in olive oil with some salt
-added water and let it simmer on low heat
-sieved it and pressing most liquid out of the veggies and shrimp shells
-aPhter cooling put the kombu and rehydrated shiitake (with the water in has been sitting in) in the shrimp bouillon and let it come up to the boil
-sieved the dashi and saved the kombu and shiitake for the brisket
-added bonito Phlakes to the dashi and let it sit on low heat without stirring
-aPhter letting it sit on low heat for 20 minutes or so sieved the dashi and saved the bonito Phlakes for the brisket
-Phlavoured it with soy sauce and a Phew drops of Phish sauce
-part of the dashi was smoked for the ramen soup and part was saved for the brisket

Brisket Phlat

-rubbed it with course seasalt and cracked black pepper
-let it sit for a hour
-put it in a ziploc bag with a bit of teriyaki sauce
-marinated it 2 days
-moved it Phrom the ziploc,padded it dry
-rubbed it with mixture that contains nori,wakame and other ingredients that were grinded in a pestle and mortar
-smoked the brisket for a couple of hours till the IT was 75C and the brisket had a nice colour
-put the brisket in an oven dish with the beePh bouillon,dashi,ginger,garlic,red Spanish pepper...also the cooked bonito Phlakes,kombu and shiitake and cover the ovendish with Phoil.
-put the ovendish with the brisket back on the smoker till the brisket is probe tender
-covered the brisket in Phoil and put it in a small styroPhoam box to let it rest for a while
-sieved the liquid Phrom the ovendish and simmered it...used this liquid to pour over the brisket,rice and veggies when plated

Shrimp ramen soup

Got the link Phrome here.

-marinated the shrimp with the same rub as the brisket...smoked the shrimps
-cooked the egg noodles in dashi
-put the noodles in a bowl and added dashi
-topped it off with soPht boiled egg,scallion,smoked shiitake,green of paksoi,grilled broccolini,smoked shrimps

StirPhry veggies

-smoked the white Phrom the paksoi with some shiitake,celery and red Spanish pepper
-heated up some oil on low heat and added garlic,ginger,Smoke red Spanish pepper
-added smoked white Phrom paksoi,smoked celery,white Phrom scallion,broccolini
-aPhter a couple of minutes added the non smoked white Phrom the paksoi,the greens Phrom the scallion,and greens Phrom paksoi
-little splash of dashi and Phish sauce

Japanese rice

-cooked the Japanese rice in dashi

Kaki dessert

-smoked some nuts
-grounded up a kaki Phruit,mixed it with yoghurt,Japanese rice wine and mirin...put it away in the Phreezer and stirred occasionally for a couple of hours
-thinly slice the other kaki Phruit
-arrange the thin slices of kaki Phruit on a plate,put a dullop of the kaki icecream in the middle,sprinkle the smoked nuts over the plate,sprinkle some mirin and a bit of salt over the plate

Out of this world Phu!

Thanks for the awesome pix and the details - this Pharker is getting bookmarked!

Have you ever Phooled with this stuPh? I used it on a shoulder clod a Phew weeks back and really liked what it did Phor the Phlavor - I used it in a spritz.

photo-1936.jpg

Very nicely done! :clap2:

mein Got! You really went for it Phu, that looks like one of my cooks. Empty out that kitchen!

Back