THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

look at the naked whiz link. They have a great spreadsheet on how many people feed off of each specific pan size. The OP has a really good technique. Just make sure that you tweak the recipe depending on pan size and do not stir once the rice is added.

HOLY

FARKIN

CRAP!

I have never eaten paella.
I've seen it on Food Network shows and always wanted to try it.

THIS is better than those Food Network shows!

That is STELLAR!

:clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap:

Can I come over this weekend?
PLEASE???

Great looking dish!

For those that like seafood it does not get much better than this IMO and that looks great! A seafood stock also works very well with Paella.

Great Cook!

Can I ask you a couple of questions?

I saw you used Arborio rice. That is recommended for Risoto.
Everyone that sells Bomba recommends that, but if I sold Bomba rice for $16 for 2 pounds...I'd recommend it too!:wacko: Have you ever tried Bomba Rice to see the difference?

Where did you buy your Saffron?

Was thinking of selling crack cocaine for a side business, but selling Paella supplies seems like
it would be more lucrative.:twitch:

Great Cook!

Can I ask you a couple of questions?

I saw you used Arborio rice. That is recommended for Risoto.
Everyone that sells Bomba recommends that, but if I sold Bomba rice for $16 for 2 pounds...I'd recommend it too!:wacko: Have you ever tried Bomba Rice to see the difference?

Where did you buy your Saffron?

Was thinking of selling crack cocaine for a side business, but selling Paella supplies seems like
it would be more lucrative.:twitch:

I have not used bomba rice. I probably will at somepoint but arborio or Valencia works ok. It is just a little creamier. I will have to adjust the liquid content overall by doing that too.

The best place to get saffron for me is at an Indian grocery store. They sell it in larger quantities for less money. If you get at a regular grocery store I guarantee it will be way overpriced. I usually pick it up on down on Devon street in Chicago where there are probably 10-15 different stores within a couple of blocks.

Looks delicious. Great job. Done this a couple of times but your presentation is very impressive. Definitely the bomba rice is superior.

I believe the bar has been raised.:eusa_clap

Back