THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are going to start the trend...as promised.

Backyard Grand Championship = Going to the Pro Side

To Rub Me Tender, I leave to you my calf muscles...it is hard work walking up to the stage five times in one contest. If I had those shoes that Coach K use to try and sell that guaranteed 14" on your vertical leap, I would be able to dunk on a 9 foot rim (or at least slap the backboard).

To Fatt Ashes, I leave to you my mechanic/dad strong hands to better assist you in holding all of the trophies that I'm leaving behind. I stopped by the Dade City temp agency on the way in on Saturday for some hired hands to carry all of the hardware.

To PT's Sweet Heat, I leave to you my sun screen...I know it was hot outside the trophy tent...that's why I was going for cover (5 times). I used an SPF 15 and have the nicest boy band tan you have ever seen. The Carter Twins have nothing on me!

To Buttweiser, I leave my place next to the stage...Out of fairness to everybody at the event I get nice and close. There were a few people that had a long drive and there was no sense on making them wait for the obvious. My precall ritual is as follows: 1. Bring sillouette to award show and stand behind it. 2. Get a call (5 times in one contest is preferred). 3. Behind the sillouette do the Arsenio Hall fist pump. 4. Walk to the stage pointing at the guy you cooked next to. 5. Accept the trophy and strike a pose somewhere between jail-style and "this is an everyday thing-style) 5. Take the picture (eventhough they don't put backyard pictures up). 6. Walk back to your spot, but exit through the back of the stage (ala The Carter Twins...those guys were good).

To Heavenly Hog, this post is only for closers (Glen Abbey reference)! What happened?

To everybody wondering...I took my $250 and took the Carter Twins out for a night in Dade City. Zima's with jolly ranchers on ice all night long, Lionel Ritchie-style. Those boys can sing, party, and drink (triple threats).

In closing, I'm trying out a few signature catch phrases for big calls. Phone voting is open until 11pm (pacific time). You can only vote from a cell phone. You can only vote one time. Text your favorite to #GBBBQ

1. "Dade City...I'm in and you're out!...(drop mic and do the Eddie Murphy from Coming to America walk off stage). When the MC of the event goes to the pick the mic up, kick dirt on it.

2. "This is one of those competitions that a lot of teams could have won...if they could out cook me (have cigar in hand and give the Hannibal from A-Team stare and puff like when he says "I love it when a plan comes together.)"

3. "Dade City...I bet you all came to see G-O-O-D and all his Buddies (ala Kid-n-Play)." Then close with a 275 lb man hitting the hold your foot and jump over it move, not sure what that is called (ala Kid-n-Play).

To really close this time, I couldn't have won this thing without all of you guys showing up this week. I mean that...Thanks!

K.I.T.
Joel Vann
863-221-8144 (standard text rates apply)

Dade City was fun even though the vending got the better half of me and my scores showed it. I'll be ready next time even though it will probably be in the pro category.

To Rub Me Tender, I leave to you my calf muscles...it is hard work walking up to the stage five times in one contest. If I had those shoes that Coach K use to try and sell that guaranteed 14" on your vertical leap, I would be able to dunk on a 9 foot rim (or at least slap the backboard).

To Fatt Ashes, I leave to you my mechanic/dad strong hands to better assist you in holding all of the trophies that I'm leaving behind. I stopped by the Dade City temp agency on the way in on Saturday for some hired hands to carry all of the hardware.

To PT's Sweet Heat, I leave to you my sun screen...I know it was hot outside the trophy tent...that's why I was going for cover (5 times). I used an SPF 15 and have the nicest boy band tan you have ever seen. The Carter Twins have nothing on me!

To Buttweiser, I leave my place next to the stage...Out of fairness to everybody at the event I get nice and close. There were a few people that had a long drive and there was no sense on making them wait for the obvious. My precall ritual is as follows: 1. Bring sillouette to award show and stand behind it. 2. Get a call (5 times in one contest is preferred). 3. Behind the sillouette do the Arsenio Hall fist pump. 4. Walk to the stage pointing at the guy you cooked next to. 5. Accept the trophy and strike a pose somewhere between jail-style and "this is an everyday thing-style) 5. Take the picture (eventhough they don't put backyard pictures up). 6. Walk back to your spot, but exit through the back of the stage (ala The Carter Twins...those guys were good).

To Heavenly Hog, this post is only for closers (Glen Abbey reference)! What happened?

To everybody wondering...I took my $250 and took the Carter Twins out for a night in Dade City. Zima's with jolly ranchers on ice all night long, Lionel Ritchie-style. Those boys can sing, party, and drink (triple threats).

In closing, I'm trying out a few signature catch phrases for big calls. Phone voting is open until 11pm (pacific time). You can only vote from a cell phone. You can only vote one time. Text your favorite to #GBBBQ

1. "Dade City...I'm in and you're out!...(drop mic and do the Eddie Murphy from Coming to America walk off stage). When the MC of the event goes to the pick the mic up, kick dirt on it.

2. "This is one of those competitions that a lot of teams could have won...if they could out cook me (have cigar in hand and give the Hannibal from A-Team stare and puff like when he says "I love it when a plan comes together.)"

3. "Dade City...I bet you all came to see G-O-O-D and all his Buddies (ala Kid-n-Play)." Then close with a 275 lb man hitting the hold your foot and jump over it move, not sure what that is called (ala Kid-n-Play).

To really close this time, I couldn't have won this thing without all of you guys showing up this week. I mean that...Thanks!

K.I.T.
Joel Vann

That's real sweet of you for offering the calves, and I'm sure everyone else is real appreciative.
Just as appreciative as you must have been for Whiskey Bent for having those extra long coattails......................

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Congrats to all the winners, we are looking foward to Dade City next year...

Jim

Two-Koo's-Que

What happened in dessert, Joel? :cool:

At least we won first in something. :clap2:

K.I.T.
Joel Vann

The wheels fell off in Dade City. Apparently the judges thought we had goat and possum in the turn-in boxes. From RGC in Haines City to a crash and burn 3 wks later! Good times.

You guys aren't the only ones who had the wheels fall off. I guess that's what I get for throwing this together at the last minute. I couldn't do anything right.

Russ
'Second Star BBQ'

FBA starting an adopt a backyard team program???

That's real sweet of you for offering the calves, and I'm sure everyone else is real appreciative.
Just as appreciative as you must have been for Whiskey Bent for having those extra long coattails......................

I suggest you did what I did and go take Whiskey Bent's class. I paid $250 to get a step up, just like they paid Swamp Boys to get a step up. I've even got the same blood as members of that team and had to pay. Look at my scores since Pigfest. However, I got an even better idea...you could pay me to get a step up. Or should I say pay me five times since you finished 6th and needed five more steps to finish on top in Dade City.

dade_by_grand.gif

Good Buddies (Grand Champions, 5 Trophies & 731 points) is to Whiskey Bent coattails

Rub Me Tender (6th place & 706 respectively) is to another long drive home coattails

instead of talking shiz about how great you did, why dont you just give thanks to the coattails you rode to the stage???? step up to the pros like porkin aint easy did and lets see how well you do (b.t.w. they finished 22 out of 26)

Things aren't always as they seem here on forums. I could post under the name slapyomammabbq and not be "slapyomammabbq" right?
:thumb:

May the real Good Buddies BBQ please stand up?

If you know Joel, you'd know that he's never been on this site

I had a bet with him that I could get him punched and he wouldn't know why. However, I'll never tell you who I am...unless you are the one to punch him.

If you do, take it easy...I'm not trying to get in a lawsuit.

Sincerely,
The Fake Joel Vann

Ask Joel about the BBQ Brethren forum and take a good look at the confusion on his face.

I suggest you did what I did and go take Whiskey Bent's class. I paid $250 to get a step up, just like they paid Swamp Boys to get a step up. I've even got the same blood as members of that team and had to pay. Look at my scores since Pigfest. However, I got an even better idea...you could pay me to get a step up. Or should I say pay me five times since you finished 6th and needed five more steps to finish on top in Dade City.

View attachment 38921

Good Buddies (Grand Champions, 5 Trophies & 731 points) is to Whiskey Bent coattails

Rub Me Tender (6th place & 706 respectively) is to another long drive home coattails

This is the whole reason I do these BBQ's. If there wasnt banter back and forth and alot of fun between all the teams, I wouldnt be out there.
Another long drive home is right.....
When are we getting a contest in our neck of the woods?

I had a bet with him that I could get him punched and he wouldn't know why. However, I'll never tell you who I am...unless you are the one to punch him.

Sincerely,
The Fake Joel Vann

Ask Joel about the BBQ Brethren forum and take a good look at the confusion on his face.

Lol. You are probably right!

Sincerely,
The Fake Joel Vann

Bring him with you guys Friday night, I'll punch him! :boxing:

Back