Comp resluts

Smokin D@wg@77

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Jason
We made short drive over to Haines City FL for the rescheduled comp from Feb, they combined it with the yearly Thunder on the Ridge fireworks event. Through some wet weather, pretty much rained ALL day. We managed a solid showing with a 3rd place finish overall ! In a smallish but stacked field of the best BBQ cooks in FL(18 teams) for PRO side.

Was great to see backyard start up division was deep with 16 teams ! 7 of which were 1st time contest cookers , very cool ! talk with some of teams and common story really , was board during covid , thought id try comp BBQ :thumb:. So another silver lining out of an awful 2020.

We took 4th chicken
2nd pork ! with very high score
5th Ribs
8th Brisket , our 1st A9 from butcher shoppee

another bit of lay off till September , then we ramp up hard for end of year push. Got atleast 1 KCBS practice planned between now and then to be ready for BIG one in our home town that's a KCBS event.

Last edited:
Congrats on a great showing, Jason. I know how difficult it can be to focus and get every task done when mother nature isn't cooperating. If you don't want to wait until September, there is an event up here at the end of July, with an SCA double event on Friday, if you would like to make the drive again. Let me know if you do.

Congrats on a great showing, Jason. I know how difficult it can be to focus and get every task done when mother nature isn't cooperating. If you don't want to wait until September, there is an event up here at the end of July, with an SCA double event on Friday, if you would like to make the drive again. Let me know if you do.

Thanks Ron , i gotta do some family time we got vacation planned for last weekend july 1st of Aug time frame.

We will for sure be back up that way next season , Sip an swine was blast and we gone do Festival of Discovery in SC next year also. Few more we are looking at as well up North.

Back