THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dana Mattocks

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Dana Mattocks
Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn Smoker (Dirty Bird Mod)
By Dana Mattocks, 04/2021

[FONT=&quot]I originally converted my Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn (Reverse) Smoker to a propane gas setup within the firebox using a “Tejas Smokers” 40,000 BTU Low Pressure Burner. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am also using a self-made stainless-steel Smoke Generator that my twin brother and I built and developed to burn wood pellets. It will run continuously for 14-16 hours [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]with minimal effort.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I recently completed what I am calling the ‘Dirty Bird Mod’. I just thought it sounded interesting but this design allows the burner to successfully operate[/FONT][FONT=&quot]indefinitely (INSIDE) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]of the oven by utilizing a thick steel plate heat shield which is simply set in place and removeable. I included a picture of the heat shield measurements. This allowed me to [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]completely remove[/FONT][FONT=&quot]the firebox and discard it. I retained the entire huge interior cooking space without compromise. The ‘Longhorn Oven’ is advertised as 751 square inches [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]of cooking space, but now only the outside has become much smaller.
[/FONT]

Back