Oil Less Cajun Fried Turkey w/ Bacon AK-47

I got a Big Easy 2 years ago
and like you couldn't see spending all that money for peanut oil. I love TBE it also makes the best baked potato's. Has many uses once you get pass the slight learning curve. Will never over take the love I have for my Ugly Drums, but has a firm place in my cooking arsenal.

So True parrdist. I've tried beef and pork but can do better on the WSM. For Bird, I think it's Great! I'll have to try those taters in it.

Thanks, Toast. Assa lovely bird. Looks similar-enough to the fryers I gave up due to oil pain. My fryer burner now heats my cast iron blackening skillet. Yeah, the spices and injections are up for discussion, and I'm thinking (re:Cowgirls smoke comment) that , after I get my Charbroil, I'll be trying smoking the bird for x time before frying. Anyone - thoughts on opening up the bird for smoke and/or smoking time/temp?

mallorjc, looks like you might want to consider The Big Easy SRG. The big brother to TBE. SRG=Smoker, roaster,griller.

Here's a youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA-z2WrYYOk Not the best demo but you will get the idea. You cook by temp, not time with supplied thermometer.

It's hard to beat infrared bird IMHO. Crisp on the outside, moist on the inside. As I previously stated in this thread, It's as good or better than any I've fried in the past.

Back