Oil-less turkey fryer?

Love my Big Easy. Injected with creole butter and it came out perfect. Family said best I ever had cooked and I have deep fried also.

I am a fan of the Big Easy. Brined a 13lb bird in Oakridge Brine Mix. About 10-15 min per pound. I pulled it with breast at 157 to rest. Moist and tasty. Easy peasy. I have fried plenty of turkeys. They are good too but man the Big Easy really is easy when it comes to clean up. Pull out the drip tray, toss the basket in the dishwasher and give he a quick wipe down and done.

I was skeptical as well i picked one up at Academy last year on clearance after the holidays for $49 (keep your eyes open for one!). I have always fried my turkeys or done them on the kettle so everyone was iffy about it even me. I didn't see how it could rival fried or come out with crispy skin. I watched alot of you tube videos and we bought 2 turkeys and one 11lber I injected with creole butter, oiled the bird and seasoned with Tony Chachere's. I followed the directions and seasoned the big easy. I lit the big easy which started on the first try and placed the bird in there. It took a little over 2 hours because it was windy but i'm sold on this this it was super crispy and delicious. Everyone ate this turkey over the traditional oven one. Lots of flavor and easy cleanup. Give it a shot worst case you drink lots of beer relaxing waiting for the turkey to be done.

Back