THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good lookin' cookin', Smitty! Looks like a grand ol' time! Did you get to keep the brisket title or did you have to hand it off to a new winner?

I lost by 1 vote to a fellar I beat last cpl years. He ain't too shabby a BBQ'r - he competes in the small time Comps around N Texas. I'll get him next Year..... :heh:

Lost Ribs by 1 vote to a different guy out of 6 total and 4th out of 6 in Chicken. All the Kids preferred my Chickens tho - kids just like them Drumsticks.......

The Guy who won Ribs, won Ribs last year. He Brines St Louis cut Spares Overnite , Dusts them with a Seasoning mix he mixes up ( he applies it lighter than most do Rubs) then Grills them over Charcoal -don't know the temp cuz he uses a Hotizontal Split Barrel Grill with no thermo and grills then wraps them in foil to finish - 2.5 hrs total. He only does Ribs n Chicken cuz he Grills (direct at higher temps) not Smokes (indirect at lower temps ) although he uses Charcoal n Wood Chunks. :shock: I didn't try his but should have I guess.

Back