THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mecca mega Bash

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin
Staff member
Admin

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Phil
Ok this is the OFFICIAL planning thread. Today starts the 14 day countdown. Lets try not to hijack it to hell so I dont have to sift thru it.

First Re-answer the poll. I need a final headcount.

I am also adding a T-shirt size option to the poll, and allowing multiple anwers so u can answer attendance and size. So if you are a definate, please put your Tee-shirt size also so I can order shirts.

I will also use the roll call from the poll to send to our driving members instructions on how to get here

If anyone plans on making something unique, send me recipes(some of you have) so I can get the ingriedents. Better to post them here unless u want it to be a surprise.

I need airline arrival times from all travlers.

Instead of 200 cases of beer, I was considering getting a keg and 100 cases. Let me know your feelings on that.

Everyone must bring bedding(sheets/pillow) and towels for themselves.

Sleeping arrangments.

3 couches, 2 are called already..
2 recliners for anyone that can sleep in that and not wake up sore.

4 in the trailer, i am still working on another trailer.

If its nice out, we have had guys sleep in the hammocks and chase lounges. The living room floor is the obvious option.. for sleeping bags and air mattresses. I have 2 airmats, if any local guys have some more airmattress we can borrow, please bring them. We can also pitch a 10 man tent outside as long as its nice... Side of the house has room for small tents so if anyone has one of those and its easy to pack, bring it.. Sleeping is not a big priority at the bashes.. 4-5 hours at night is about it, and then we catch guys taking battle naps during the day. :twisted: There is also a motel about a mile away for anyone who feels the need, but we offer plumbing here too.

and lastly for my stuff... You guys always ask what u can bring, i require nothing for the party. Local rubs and sauces are good for letting everyone sample new stuff. But earlier bashes, some guys brought little bullchit stuff stuff for our hostess(my wife) and it seemed to work wonders when it came to her letting us take over the house for 3-4 days. ("They are all so nice" mod. ) So, if u can, anything/something for her makes it easier on me(us too). She also does NOT KNOW I ask this, so if u let on, i have no choice but to make you sleep with Parrothead and risk violation.

thats all I can think of now.. lets discuss Menu..

briskets, ribs, tequilla, chile, turds, beer, butts, cheese bread, tequilla, jerky, monster fatties, prime rib, strip steaks, tequilla, scallops wrapped in bacon.. oh. bacon.... rack attack sandwich... cheese steaks, tequilla, eqqs for breaksfasts.. lots of biscuits.. jorge is cookin stuff, so is greg.... more bacon.. etc..

BBQchef33 said:
Ok this is the OFFICIAL planning thread. Today starts the 14 day countdown. Lets try not to hijack it to hell so I dont have to sift thru it.

First Re-answer the poll. I need a final headcount.

I am also adding a T-shirt size option to the poll, and allowing multiple anwers so u can answer attendance and size. So if you are a definate, please put your Tee-shirt size also so I can order shirts. YES..3XL

I will also use the roll call from the poll to send to our driving members instructions on how to get here

If anyone plans on making something unique, send me recipes(some of you have) so I can get the ingriedents. Better to post them here unless u want it to be a surprise.

I need airline arrival times from all travlers. Thurs.afternoon
(will confirm time later)

Instead of 200 cases of beer, I was considering getting a keg and 100 cases. Let me know your feelings on that. Fine with me but
1 keg =7.1 cases

Everyone must bring bedding(sheets/pillow) and towels for themselves.

Sleeping arrangments.

3 couches, 2 are called already..
2 recliners for anyone that can sleep in that and not wake up sore.

4 in the trailer, i am still working on another trailer.

If its nice out, we have had guys sleep in the hammocks and chase lounges. The living room floor is the obvious option.. for sleeping bags and air mattresses. I have 2 airmats, if any local guys have some more airmattress we can borrow, please bring them. We can also pitch a 10 man tent outside as long as its nice... Side of the house has room for small tents so if anyone has one of those and its easy to pack, bring it.. Sleeping is not a big priority at the bashes.. 4-5 hours at night is about it, and then we catch guys taking battle naps during the day. :twisted: There is also a motel about a mile away for anyone who feels the need, but we offer plumbing here too.

and lastly for my stuff... You guys always ask what u can bring, i require nothing for the party. Local rubs and sauces are good for letting everyone sample new stuff. But earlier bashes, some guys brought little bullchit stuff stuff for our hostess(my wife) and it seemed to work wonders when it came to her letting us take over the house for 3-4 days. ("They are all so nice" mod. ) So, if u can, anything/something for her makes it easier on me(us too). She also does NOT KNOW I ask this, so if u let on, i have no choice but to make you sleep with Parrothead :eek: :eek: and risk violation.

thats all I can think of now.. lets discuss Menu..

briskets, ribs, tequilla, chile, turds, beer, butts, cheese bread, tequilla, jerky, monster fatties, prime rib, strip steaks, tequilla, scallops wrapped in bacon.. oh. bacon.... rack attack sandwich... cheese steaks, tequilla, eqqs for breaksfasts.. lots of biscuits.. jorge is cookin stuff, so is greg.... more bacon.. etc..

Looks good to me...where is the poll?

It looks like I'll be making the trip so reserve me a brisket and a butt and if you'll get some peach or apricot nectar and some beef broth I'll inject it and do a speed cooked one of each.

I think Charlie has me coming in 10-something PM on Thursday so I'll let you know.

I've been enjoying some Yengling lately so some porter or black & tan or their traditional lager would suite me fine - but then I don't really have a huge preference.

One of the couches in the living room or the LR floor is fine for me.

Thanks for hosting yet another Bash at Casa Rizzardi!

I'll be there Friday, going home to sleep and then back on Sat around noon

I'm taking a vacation day for Friday, so I'll be available early AM to lend a hand before things get too busy and could also swing a trip to the airport to help with a pickup if needed...

Keg and cases work... less bottles is always good. I'll bring some of my other favorite alcohol...Woodpecker Cider, Cider Jack or Hardcore Cider. I love it with BBQ.

Menu is real solid... I guess chicken is the bastard child of BBQ as it's excluded unless that counts as "etc."

Last edited:
I arrive Thursday night at 10:55pm on Southwest. I'll make some Red Beans (I know, skip the rice).

2 bags small Red Beans (not kidneys)
Onion
Garlic
Salt
Cayenne
Black Pepper
Oregano
Cumin
Basil
Sausage

After a second check, I'll be coming in around 7 p.m. Thursday on Useless Air (US Air)...

Arriving Delta Flight 4796 at 5:25 pm THURSDAY 22-JUN-06
at ISLIP
Please let me sleep with TK and PQBBQ...........LMAO
Trailer-Trailer-Trailer

Bob and I will be arriving on Friday at 12:20

I need
Lots of butter
lots of crushed garlic
anchovy paste 2 tubes
heavy cream
couple cans of cream of chicken
couple cans of cream of mushroom

Lots and lots of italian bread

Phil, I'm gonna take off Friday. I can help with whatever you need both Thursday after about 4:00 PM or all day Friday. Let me know what I can do.

Phil
I am driving in around noon on Friday I have a inflatable mattress and a pickup truck which can be used. I plan on bringing some drink Carbo Scotch Beer and Sweet tea and anything else you need I can help with just let me know. Meat, Veggies, or what ever. If anyone is flying into NYC Friday morning I can pick them up on the way by. Let Me know.

I will be there on saturday around noon, have to work the late shift on friday night so that's a no go.....

I'm going to bring some good fresh LI beer from Blue Point Brewery, maybe some of their Silver Medal "Toasted Lager".....
Should be going home again on sat. night unless you guys are still up to partying late, then I might need a lawn chair.....

FYI, on all the nights party usually goes till around 2AM+, a few stragglers push even that, then battle nap during the day.

BBQchef33 said:
FYI, on all the nights party usually goes till around 2AM+, a few stragglers push even that, then battle nap during the day.

Called "Tea (bag)" time!!:eek:

Plenty of Spam and Schaefer's is kept onhand for the photo ops!!:shock: :twisted:

Really wanted to be there this time, but I am 7 Smokers behind with people chomping at my heals. I will be lucky to pull off a Vacation in July W/ the family. I guess someone will just have to be pissed off. I will send you guys some stickers ( a $50.00 value :grin: ) Party on!! I will be wishing that I was there!!

Spice

Back