THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chunkylatinlover

Knows what a fatty is.
I got the sample rub pack from Oakridge and couldn't wait to use them. Rubbed down some chicken breast with their secret weapon chicken and pork rub. It smelled delicious when I was rubbing them down.
20140415_172045.jpg

Threw them on my OTG kettle with one chunk of hickory. Look at the color on those breast...beautiful before they even get cooked.
20140415_180357.jpg

I brushed them with bbq sauce for the last 20 minutes sorry couldn't get any good finished pictures. The rub is very tasty I will definitely recommend Oakridge to anyone. Next up is a tri tip with their Santa Maria rub.

Thanks for the report. I just received my Oakridge sample pack in the mail a few days ago, and I haven't had a chance to try it.
I'm gonna try the Santa Maria Steak Seasoning on some burgers tonight.

JP

I agree with the Secret Weapon comments; I love it on both chicken and pork loin steaks. Haven't had a chance to try the Black Ops yet, but the Habanero Death Dust tasted great on some peg legs I did on the Weber/Vortex. That batch included Mad Hunky Hot Whang (I like it better than the HDD; it has a slighty broader flavor profile and a "secret" ingredient that causes it to self-glaze a bit) and Secret Weapon.

I am picking up some Mad Hunky Hot Ass Whang rub. When it gets here, I'll do a batch vs. HDD and MHHW. Yummers!

I have yet to buy and use an OakRidge rub that I didn't enjoy, black ops for brisket is sooo good! I also enjoy their comp rub for ribs!

Back