THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
For some reason, we've had a hankerin' for our favorite ramen bowl from Okinawa. This is one that I've posted before, and that Jeanie/cowgirl has made look ridiculously delicious and beautiful (vs. my rather utilitarian model).

Recipe is available via the link(s) or a brief search. Not that many Tantanmen cooks on the forum.

I started off with a pound of ground local pork in a skillet.

Jn9n9iml.jpg

I didn't have any sake, and I didn't feel like making another trip to the store today. We had the dregs of a good white wine in the fridge... so I mixed them together and let them sit (with no heat on the pan) for about 20-30 minutes.

uxa2lIdl.jpg

I browned off the pork, but added a solid 4 Tbsp of Tamari / Soy Sauce to the pan about 1/2-way though the cooking process.

fvC5J3sl.jpg

I warmed about 500-700ml of good chicken stock with 4 Tbsp tahini... NEVER letting it boil.

7HfzQ08l.jpg

Meanwhile, I got the liquid bits together and added them to our bowls.

n2coN9wl.jpg

Once the pork is pretty much done, in the same skillet, I use some sesame oil (a little goes a long way) to cook some color onto some garlic.... OK, a lot of garlic.

A4dG8ASl.jpg

I like to take the pork past just browned and a little into the crispy arena. Meanwhile, noodles appeared in bowls. I hate that I can't find non-freeze-dried ramen here... but... :roll: BossLady's rice noodles (GF) are in the middle bowl.

e0siMX9l.jpg

I topped the noodles with the pork, and added Japanese chili/spices... this is a "normal" amount for CINCHOUSE.

Siu7BRsl.jpg

I get a bit "mental" (as my Brit friends would say) with the spice.

2gD9kIpl.jpg

Here's a quick side-by-side with mine (L) vs. munchkin's (R).

EhJ8gu8l.jpg

Munchkin took out about 2/3 of hers, and gave 2 thumbs-up.

I struggled through, but got the job done.

97njO42l.jpg

I absolutely love that stuff! lol Can't thank you enough for sharing the recipe Shadow, it's amazing! Thank you again.
Looks delicious!

Merry Christmas to you and family! :grin:

Back