THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone else found the woodfire oven interesting? Seems like both can smoke meat, but the other stuff might make the difference. The oven looks bigger, but not really sure. It can also keep meat at holding temp.

$299 at Sam's club right now. Good price or not? Asking for a friend. No, really have a friend interested in a small, somewhat portable grill. I guess it won't work for camping in most cases?

https://www.samsclub.com/s/ninja%20woodfire%20grill

Yes that's a good price. Ninja's price on that one is $329 and it doesn't come with the cover.

I wouldn't expect a camp site to have 1750 watts of electricity available to a camper.

Finally broke down and ordered this using some Amazon gift cards I got, looking forward to playing with it. I’m hoping that it’s easy enough to use my wife is comfortable using it. Arrives tomorrow!

Finally broke down and ordered this using some Amazon gift cards I got, looking forward to playing with it. I’m hoping that it’s easy enough to use my wife is comfortable using it. Arrives tomorrow!

At one point this Summer Amazon was claiming, "600+ sold in the last 30 days".

I still have zero complaints. Looking forward to your thoughts & experiences.

This must be what the one poster was talking about testing. Apparently Ninja gave a bunch of people these things to try out and review. Supposedly gets up to 700°

Ninja Woodfire™ 8-in-1 Outdoor Oven

woodfi12.jpg

Used it the first time today as a "smokey air fryer" to cook some chicken wings I marinaded overnight in an oil slurry with Albukirky Green Chile seasoning.

About halfway through the cook:

Two minutes left:

Done:

Observations: the air fryer function worked great, it's quieter than my Ninja Foodi indoor air fryer, and has higher capacity. I used the more bold sample pellets it came with, and there was certainly a smoke flavor present in 20 minutes of cooking. I'm not sure I enjoyed the smoke though, it was almost too much, maybe slightly bitter? I'm not writing it off yet but I'm wondering if I'll ultimately find a place for it in my toolbox of cookers or not. I'd have enjoyed these wings more on my Weber kettle vortex or indirect on the Primo. Both are varying degrees of less convenient, though.

Used it the first time today as a "smokey air fryer" to cook some chicken wings I marinaded overnight in an oil slurry with Albukirky Green Chile seasoning.

About halfway through the cook:

Two minutes left:

Done:

Observations: the air fryer function worked great, it's quieter than my Ninja Foodi indoor air fryer, and has higher capacity. I used the more bold sample pellets it came with, and there was certainly a smoke flavor present in 20 minutes of cooking. I'm not sure I enjoyed the smoke though, it was almost too much, maybe slightly bitter? I'm not writing it off yet but I'm wondering if I'll ultimately find a place for it in my toolbox of cookers or not. I'd have enjoyed these wings more on my Weber kettle vortex or indirect on the Primo. Both are varying degrees of less convenient, though.
Didn't care for the pellets that came with the thing either...threw them out. Bought a bag of Pit Boss cherry and a bag of pecan from BBQr's Delight...quite happy with those.

Very impressed to get great wings in 20 minutes. Flats only with Yardbird.

20221113.jpg

Interesting, I guess I’ll try another brand. I thought I read in the manual that the sample bags were Bear Mountain, which I used quite a bit back when I had a pellet grill, and I still have a bag of competition blend in my garage for the smoke tube.

6 day delivery, coast to coast. FedEx. Just got around to unboxing it (needed help). Bought a stainless cart for it to live on too. I have a 20 amp outlet on the deck for this. Line cord reaches but could be longer. Probably smoke a fatty first (separate thread).

Attachments

• Ninja Woodfire.jpg
    Ninja Woodfire.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 204
Did ribs for the 1st time using the gadget. Simply Marvelous Santa Maria. Cherry pellets. Hour and 45 minute total cook time. Coworker gave me a bottle of BBQ sauce his brother makes so put that on for the last 10 minutes.

Very good. Some of the best ribs I ever made. Again, appreciate the simplicity and quickness the device provides.

20230910.jpg

Did ribs for the 1st time using the gadget. Simply Marvelous Santa Maria. Cherry pellets. Hour and 45 minute total cook time. Coworker gave me a bottle of BBQ sauce his brother makes so put that on for the last 10 minutes.

Very good. Some of the best ribs I ever made. Again, appreciate the simplicity and quickness the device provides.

20230910.jpg

Your ribs look great! Did you use smoke setting at 250? Thanks

Saw that NWFG would be on sale at Costco for $239.99, Nov 13-27. Saw one on most recent trip, a little smaller than I expected, but probably great when cooking for 1-3 people. I would check the Costco website to learn what is included in that price.

Attachments

• nwfg1.jpg
    nwfg1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 109
Back