THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

70's, 80's,90's or the new millennium. It's all good. A good smoke is a good day. Hold's true in the 00's as well. But I wouldn't know about such things. Only what I read.:biggrin:

At work right now scrounging. Found some stainless tube. Not gonna make mine out of fence post because it is galvanized. Might be ok but not willing to gamble. Aluminum is an option. Some conduit is aluminum.

That's what I thought too. That definitly is fence post caps that is in the picture though. Looks like a handy little deal to smoke cheese with so I'm looking for some suitable pipe too. Maybe a 2" x 1' black iron pipe nipple from lowes with a couple of screw on caps?

That's what I thought too. That definitly is fence post caps that is in the picture though. Looks like a handy little deal to smoke cheese with so I'm looking for some suitable pipe too. Maybe a 2" x 1' black iron pipe nipple from lowes with a couple of screw on caps?
Found some stainless and aluminum pipe, just like they have at work :twisted: . Cut aluminum (Stainless is a premium). Took piece to Home Depot. @ 3/8" post caps work great. They ar pot metal and not galvanized $1.28 ea. 2" PVC caps fit. Might use PVC or ABS for top because it seals better and no need for clamp. Bought fish pump at Walmart $7. Getting set up for tonights "G" job, it's paying double time. :biggrin:

Made some progress.
DSC04153.jpg

DSC04154.jpg

DSC04157.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

:biggrin:

on 1 of my drums i have a 1" air intake so i am guessing i could hook up to that.

do you need any heat source for salmon or jerky? i am thinking not, hence cold smoking.

i also could start a fire in the red drum with 1" air opening and run some hose to 1/4" opening on other drum.

Pot metal, like cheap low grade aluminum. Always careful, thanks for the warning. That was the first thing i noticed about the one on ebay, galvanized pipe.

Feeling stupid. What's the issue with galvanzed? Is there a dissimilar metals thing to worry about with some of the other materials? Or worse, a problem with heating/smoking near it?

The cheese thread reminded me of this project. Did you ever get this going? It should be fairly easy to use this with a UDS.

The cheese thread reminded me of this project. Did you ever get this going? It should be fairly easy to use this with a UDS.
First one worked ok. Had leaks at caps. Since I know now it will work started making one and spending money on it. Have stainless tubing now. Got derailed due to Jury duty. I would like info on smoking cheese. Would be cool gifts for some neighbors/friends.

I think i'm going to order one and use it with a La Caja China.

Back