THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old weber has a ton of miles, and could always use a replacement.....but we all know I wouldn't get rid of the old one, I'd just have two weber kettles.

Something I just love about the color green...

Attachments

Last edited:
Red n green 4 Xmas?

Lowes has 4 options.... Black, copper, red, n green.

red is $200... Rest are $150....depending where you shop.

Attachments

Last edited:
I was wondering about the coating, since they supposedly stopped selling the red due to health and safety issues in the coating process. It looks like they tried to coat over the black, rather use red all the way through. Doesn't strike me as a quality way to do it, more of a quick and dirty cludge.

Yeah, something strange going on there. Since I hadn't used it yet and have seen all those other people having issues too, it just made sense to step back for a while.

Just an FYI, Lowe's has this grill for $199.00, and $40 off $200 coupon codes are floating around out there. You can add 4 carpenter's pencils to your cart and get one of these for $160 :thumb: I can neither confirm nor deny I took advantage of said deal.

Dang, wonder if the wife has bought mine yet... Asked for it for xmas. :redface:

She sounds like a good wife!

You are probably fine and if you aren't weber will probably take care of it. My personal fear is that Weber made all these at the same company and even the replacements may be a headache but I don't know if that's a valid concern or not.

I read somewhere that the coating is done overseas due to cadmium selenide toxicity. I would be easy to see damage occurring during the shipping of the coated lids and bases.

Back