Weber kettle 26 with hinge: measurements needed.

jmc0369

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
I am planning a built in with 2 Weber kettles. I need to either use the hinge or find a snazzy way to hang the lid against the wall.
How far does the kettle need to be away from a wall for the hinged 26.75" kettle lid to clear. Or said differently, what is the measurement off the wall at the top of the bowl when the lid is up, and just kissing the wall?

Can one or two of you post a measurement please? Thank you!

Jon in San Diego

Away from home now for the next several days, so cannot help with measurements, but a hanging alternative would be a Weber Slide aside attachment. Not sure if they still make them or ever made them for the 26”.

But, you might be able to fabricate a hanging cage with small tubing.

Good luck with your project.

Robert

I am planning a built in with 2 Weber kettles. I need to either use the hinge or find a snazzy way to hang the lid against the wall.
How far does the kettle need to be away from a wall for the hinged 26.75" kettle lid to clear. Or said differently, what is the measurement off the wall at the top of the bowl when the lid is up, and just kissing the wall?

Can one or two of you post a measurement please? Thank you!

Jon in San Diego

I added an Uknown BBQ hinge to a 75-gallon drum build that included a 26" Weber lid. Within 6 months, the lid was out of round and would not seal properly. The 26er lid is heavy!

Back