THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

geoff7877

Full Fledged Farker
Sold my green egg within 24 hours of posting on CL and just ordered my pecos! Sold the egg for $500, Pecos with shipping to California $502. 7-14 days. My little Weber is going to get a workout over the next 2 weeks.

Congrats!! Maybe you will have better luck posting some pictures and details of the shipment. :wink:

Oh I will. I realized that if it takes 2 weeks, it will fall my weekend to work Saturday. I'll just have to plan on seasoning the pit that Sunday. Either way, pics pics pics!!!

Dude! What about the brick pit thing?:twitch:

Decided against it. The price tag was getting higher than I wanted to spend for a brick pit. I'll do it down the road when I build an outdoor kitchen. The stick burner kept pulling me back in.

So as I was exchanging my cracked BGE parts so I could sell and order my Pecos, I stumbled across a sale on the 22" WSM for $249. I did think about it but kept my focus. It was hard.

Enjoy I would have a hard time selling my egg

It was a hard decision. The medium egg is tough though. Being a primary cooker, the 15.5" cooking surface is really limiting and became a frustrating reality. The negatives started out weighed the positives. Had to make a move and I really wanted to add the Pecos either way.

It will be missed but I can't wait to start cooking on an offset again.

So as I was exchanging my cracked BGE parts so I could sell and order my Pecos, I stumbled across a sale on the 22" WSM for $249. I did think about it but kept my focus. It was hard.

Good Job. Build a UDS and have a set it n forget it and a real smoker. If you did one grate and cheapo basket with cheap intake (no ball valves) you could knock one out for $70-$80.

I've used these before.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AB3DX4"]Amazon.com: Spectrum Diversified 43470 Wire Basket, Large, Chrome: Home & Kitchen@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51OrIzSx8KL.@@AMEPARAM@@51OrIzSx8KL[/ame]

Difusser :

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baker-s-Secret-15-Air-Insulated-Large-Pizza-Crisper-Steel/23745883

Last edited:
It was a hard decision. The medium egg is tough though. Being a primary cooker, the 15.5" cooking surface is really limiting and became a frustrating reality. The negatives started out weighed the positives. Had to make a move and I really wanted to add the Pecos either way.

It will be missed but I can't wait to start cooking on an offset again.

My Brother has that size BGE. He swears by it so when I was going to buy an egg I knew I wouldn't be happy with the limited space so I was going to get the 22" but the price was prohibitive. Just so happened that the Gateways were on sale for $599. So I grabbed one of those instead. However I'd still like to get an Old Country.

My Brother has that size BGE. He swears by it so when I was going to buy an egg I knew I wouldn't be happy with the limited space so I was going to get the 22" but the price was prohibitive. Just so happened that the Gateways were on sale for $599. So I grabbed one of those instead. However I'd still like to get an Old Country.

The gateways look well made. The other issue I had with the egg on really long cooks was adding fuel.

Back