THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Note the disclaimer...

"I’ve entered a handful of BBQ competitions, but I have only won once. I parboiled some St. Louis style ribs, coated them with a brown sugar plaster rub, then BBQed them indirectly. True, the judges were common parishioners with amateur palates who had been drinking beer all day, and maybe I only beat 8 other competitors, but I still won.":tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

Just do a search on that website for "parboiled bbq pork ribs" including the quotes & you'll find it....

link fixed

editted: Actually that's a different post. I wonder if the original was taken down right away.

I am hoping all competition cooks give this a serious try. Especially at any comps I'm at.

But I just figured it was better here in QTalk so that all those not competing could finally enjoy some real competition winning ribs. I know so many other cooks aren't so generous as to give away their winning formula with step by step instructions.

Think of all the foil you would save.

cimg6265.jpg

I am hoping all competition cooks give this a serious try. Especially at any comps I'm at.

But I just figured it was better here in QTalk so that all those not competing could finally enjoy some real competition winning ribs. I know so many other cooks aren't so generous as to give away their winning formula with step by step instructions.

Well, screw getting the Lang then. Johnny Trigg, here I come!!!

Back