THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beef

Full Fledged Farker
Curious what the heck this grill/smoker is? Is this a dandy to relish, or is it a tin can that I will struggle with? it has a rotisserie and gass assist. I am skeptical if in needs gas assist . ..

I love my UDS, but wondered if someone would inspire me to go stick burner, or steer me away to save my money for a beast one day . . .

It looks like it needs new axle,wheels, but the front wheels look cheesy, so again, I am skeptical. What price point if viable. thanks for looking

Unnamed_zps7eff9740.jpg
Unnamed_zps45992811.jpg
Unnamed_zps5c68f945.jpg

Looks like an El Dorado, someone must have modded it. I paid $150 for mine a couple years ago of CL. Mine was mint though. I have had decent luck with mine.

Wow! A blast from my past.

Agree, looks like the El Dorado.

It was my first 'proper' grill, BOY did I dehydrate a LOT of briskets on that bad boy.

I upgraded back in Y2K, and sold my moderately used El Dorado for $100 ... and now, looking at those photos and reminding me of the El Dorado for the first time in over 10 years ...

I miss it. And I want it back.

Thanks all for your responses.
Boy there sure isn't much on the internet about these, so I trust it has been out of production for a spell. This one looked ok, shape wise, but it does not appear to be thick steel from the old NB days.

Will I be successfull using as a stick burner, or would you recommend I build a basket and do the charcoal minion method. If that is the case, I may just stick with my UDS and weber kettles.

Thanks again. Decisions Decisions.:blabla:

Back