Ex Wife took smoker in divorce. Help decide new smoker!

Reosed

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Joke's on her, I get a new smoker!

It's been a while since I've looked at smokers. Can Yall give me some input on a good firebox or pellet smoker for about $2-3k?

Might spend more if you can give me a good reason!

I also have a welder and time on my hands, how much does it cost for materials for one of those gravity fed cabinets? Forgot their name...

Thanks guys and gals!

2-3K

Old Country offset
Pellet
Drum
Kettle

Do it right money left for cattle,sheep and swine

I would look at the Hunsaker Drums. About $1K each, so you could get two if you need the capacity. The hold temp very well and are great cookers! Before we retired from BBQ Competitions we cooked on 4 of them and they paid for themselves many times over!

Here is a link to their web site. Mark is a great guy and is very helpful!

https://www.hunsakersmokers.com/

Spend my money! What a great thread.

You request was pretty general so all I will say is that pellet poopers have come a long way in the last five years or so. I'll leave stickburner comments to those that have one. RonL is correct regarding drums. I have built a couple and they performed well. I'm sure Hunsaker and Gateway are even better.

Good for you in turning lemons into lemonade.

Being in Austin (assuming your profile location is accurate), I would just keep an eye out for a quality used stick burner on Craigslist or FB Marketplace. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to land yourself a 150ish gallon smoker for that price.

Last edited:
An answer from above

First of all, I think you should protect yourself from this tragedy repeating itself. It starts by purchasing a smoker before another achieves significant status. Secondly, you should consider smokers that are difficult to procure. This will help your case should you find yourself in front of another family law judge. The logic is that it is your separate property and a unique item. Now that I have described the situation, as I see it, you need a custom offset smoker!

I just happen to have one for sale for the very low price of $23,999. You could have my personal smoker sitting in your back yard or patio inside of a week. That price does include delivery and training, if necessary. However, it does not include the moving dollies which have recently been replaced, or the custom air flow assist apparatus. These upgrades will only cost an additional $2,399. You will need to supply an extension cord and wood/charcoal.

I very anxiously await your reply with delivery instructions :-D

My ex-wife took my smoker.........

The title of your post led me to believe you were posting a youtube link to a sad country song. I can relate to your pain. When my ex and I split up, she took the dog. I still miss him.............

My advice is, start building a new smoker and keep in mind that what your are building is gonna be better than what had.

You can narrow it down in two easy steps.

1. Ask the people who advised you to marry your ex and cross off their recommendations.

2. Ask the people who advised you not to marry your ex and buy one of their recommendations.

My ex-wife took my smoker.........

The title of your post led me to believe you were posting a youtube link to a sad country song. I can relate to your pain. When my ex and I split up, she took the dog. I still miss him.............

My advice is, start building a new smoker and keep in mind that what your are building is gonna be better than what had.

That would have been something like ex-wife took my pickup truck. My wife would probably throw out my smokers if she ever left me.

I'd recommend the Blue Smoke Smoker by Big Phil's Smokers. The base model comes in at only $1,700.00. It's a 24x48 cook chamber with a 24x24 round firebox, both made from 3/8" pipe, while the stack, collector and end caps are 1/4" steel. Base model comes with a single cooking grate and 1 Tel-True guage. I got an upper rack but honestly I never use it. It's a lot of bang for your buck for $1,700.00. Probably the best value going as far as stick burners are concerned.

https://bluesmokesmokers.com/

Back