THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You're gonna love that thing. I've had my 270 Standard for right at 3 years and it never ceases to amaze me.I cooked a turkey breast and a rack of plate ribs yesterday, and the temperature never moved off 250 for the duration of the cook. You WILL cook with confidence !

You're gonna love that thing. I've had my 270 Standard for right at 3 years and it never ceases to amaze me.I cooked a turkey breast and a rack of plate ribs yesterday, and the temperature never moved off 250 for the duration of the cook. You WILL cook with confidence !

I just cooked some ribs and wings on Saturday to break it in. Do you notice that your cook times are shorter than with other smokers? I did BB ribs at 3-2-1, and they taste good, but might have been a little over done. Also, I put a brisket in at 5:00 this a.m. and they are already at 190 @ 5 hours in @ 250-270. I wrapped at 165.

I just cooked some ribs and wings on Saturday to break it in. Do you notice that your cook times are shorter than with other smokers? I did BB ribs at 3-2-1, and they taste good, but might have been a little over done. Also, I put a brisket in at 5:00 this a.m. and they are already at 190 @ 5 hours in @ 250-270. I wrapped at 165.
BB's would be fall apart using 3-2-1. BB's are usually 2 - 1/2 - 1/2 at most cooking at 275.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BB's would be fall apart using 3-2-1. BB's are usually 2 - 1/2 - 1/2 at most cooking at 275.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks! I’m cooking spares later today. I’ll be watching closely.

BTW, like the “Molon Labe” I’m in total agreement.

The 270 in convection mode cooks things alot faster than most other types of cookers. I was thrown off my first couple cooks in my sumo.

Big time! My 13# brisket is sitting at 200 after only 6 hours!!

How long do you usually run your spare ribs approx?

I've liked those smokers for a while....Although my wife thinks I am done with new smokers....a 270 might be in the cards...Are they easy to move and clean up?

I've liked those smokers for a while....Although my wife thinks I am done with new smokers....a 270 might be in the cards...Are they easy to move and clean up?

As far as moving, they are very nice. The dolly setup makes it very moving friendly. The cleanup depends on opearation. There is no grease drain system so it depends on how you set up the water pan /catch pan.

probably the easiest smoker on the market to move around and like Tony said if you have the water pan / catch pan set up right clean up is a cinch also , these are probably the best smokers on the market

+10 on the 270! Love my two. The cook times do throw you off at first but you will get the hang of it. I usually do my spares for about 4-5 hours unwrapped at 250ish. If I do wrap i go 2-1-.5; usually they are done and the last 30 minutes is to firm back up with a glaze or sauce. Welcome to the 270 family!

+10 on the 270! Love my two. The cook times do throw you off at first but you will get the hang of it. I usually do my spares for about 4-5 hours unwrapped at 250ish. If I do wrap i go 2-1-.5; usually they are done and the last 30 minutes is to firm back up with a glaze or sauce. Welcome to the 270 family!

Thanks! I cooked em exactly like that and they came out perfect! This thing is awesome. I’ve already invited my buddies over for the playoff games.

Awesome. I have several cook threads around here some wheres. I tend to ramble so there might be a few pointers in there. I enjoy cooking on both the Sumo and the Standard. Ribs/Chicken on the Sumo and bigger meats on the Standard. If you can source some pork belly that is a simple and fun piece of meat to cook. Takes about 6 hours maybe?? Easy.

Back