THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what is that ??? Machaca Con Huevos

Heaven on a plate.

PICT0642_zpsguomotj6.jpg

PICT0646_zpsmsxnntxw.jpg

I make brisket dips. slice the brisket to about 3/16 inch or thinner. reheat in an au jus heavy with onions & garlic. Sear on the griddle (or just a good CI skillet) w/ provolone, add a little of the au jus and smack it on a hogie roll with grilled onions.

Enchiladas, tacos, grilled brisket and cheese sandwiches with horseradish, jambalaya or dirty rice.
I really like the mac and cheese idea - I looked a brisket yesterday and this will be on the menu!

We went to a place today for lunch that is really a combo of BBQ and Cajun. I think there are 2 or 3 around town. It's called Shane's here in the Shreveport/Bossier City area.

They have this sandwich called "The Blink". A mixture of chopped brisket and smoked sausage. The ratio and texture is perfect. Served on a big toasted bun. Their Catfish is great but I'll be doing more Blinks in the future. You can also get it with hot link instead of smoked sausage. I'm going to try to replicate it.

What's leftover brisket? Does it actually exist? Brisket usually disappears quickly in our house. LOL.

Great ideas, I'll have to try them if I ever have any leftover brisket.LOL

Chris

What's leftover brisket? Does it actually exist? Brisket usually disappears quickly in our house. LOL.

Great ideas, I'll have to try them if I ever have any leftover brisket.LOL

Chris

Went with stuffed peppers! It's only 2-3 of us and I can and will only buy whole packers. Buying the flat or point separately is crazy expensive for some reason. So by day 2-3 I still have a good bit of left overs. I didn't have a roll of vac seal bags, I'm glad I went with the stuffed peppers. It was farkin awesome!

20160809_201732_zpsy0lteokg.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! Looks like I'm gonna finish the brisket off with brisket Mac&cheese! You guys rock!!! :rockon:

Back