THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

colonel00

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I have a chuck roast that I was thinking about cooking up to use in tacos and such. I was thinking about using more of a chile/taco powder as a rub but figured I would ask here. Do you think there would be a noticeable benefit in the end product? Or, would it be a better plan to just season it as I would with ground beef after the chuck is pulled?

Cantina Laredo has some awesome brisket tacos on their menu. I did a Google search for the recipe, but couldn't find it.

I would go easy on the rub, and use fresh veggies and herbs on the tacos, with some kind of salsa for people to add.

Here is a picture, but it it really doesn't tell you a lot about the meat. I've had them, and they are pretty simple. You add what you want to them.

CD

Attachments

• IMG_04242.jpg
    IMG_04242.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 99
Machaca for breakfast and flautas for dinner. Even just some tacos like CD recommended. I'd season with your favorite rub or even some Montreal. Most times, I just go with S and P cause the chuck has such a good flavor on its own. A GOOD pico de gallo salsa ALWAYS go well with chuckie tacos.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47761&highlight=flautas

Great suggestions so far! My suggestion would be to go very easy on the smoke. In my experience, chucky takes in a lot of smoke and a little goes a long way especially when you want to use it for tacos and burritos, etc.

Salt, pepper and a touch of comino(cumin), in the tacos some pico de gallo and guacamole and your good to go.
Now that is a very good direction, cumin gives it that mexican taste, also make sure to garnish with cilantro, fresh pico, guac, a squeeze of lime and you will be on your way!!!!!!!!

Just depends on how much you like chili. I've done chuckies with a home-made chili powder rub. After smoking and pulling, I added more seasoning, and made some tacos. Machaca the next morn was also very good.

Back