THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pyle's BBQ

Babbling Farker
So, I needed a couple more hours of heat to finish the butts and brisket. Well, I was out of charcoal and went to the store to get some briquettes, because they don't have lump. I didn't look at the bas I bought. Opened the bag and dumped it on the coals I had going and poof. They instantly ignited and I go "Oh ch!t." I look at the bag and this dumba$$ bought instant light charcoal. It was too late to get the charcoal out of the firebox. I really didn't have a place to put it either. I did take the meat off and will finish it in the oven.

Now to my question. Will that lighter fluid smell be there for my next cook? If it is there how do I get rid of the smell?

Thanks in advance.

Well that really sucks man, sorry to hear that, but why didn't you look at the bag before you poured that poison in there? Dont worry about next time, it shouldn't smell, just get your fire going for 30 min then put the meat in.

You need to get connected to the Grill Guy here in town. He will sell you Good One lump by the pallet (30 bags) at a great price. PM me for details.

Nothing survives a nice hot fire. You didn't say what you were cooking on but my solution for yukky smells, ala smoked fish, is to give it really hot burn.

Bummer!

Nothing survives a nice hot fire. You didn't say what you were cooking on but my solution for yukky smells, ala smoked fish, is to give it really hot burn.

Bummer!

Only cooking on The Good One these days. I should have mentioned I am cooking at the restaurant. I did luck out and saved 3 briskets and 4 butts.

I agree, the best option is a high heat burn. But, I doubt that it will be really persistent, a good airing out might clear out most of the aroma.

Back