"Nachos" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through TUESDAY, Nov 16th!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
***Due to the site Outage Yesterday, We are Extending this Throwdown an Additional Day***

Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Nachos!"

2286148_Gore.jpg

This was Gore's winning entry in the 2012 "Nachos" Throwdown

As chosen by the Throwdown Mods by proxy for edmonds' win in the "Live-Fire Grilled" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

The TD Mods said:
Let’s create platters full of hot, melted cheesy, crispy tortilla goodness! Standard Throwdown rules apply, meaning you must feature smoked or grilled ingredients in your nachos, or smoke and/or grill your nachos. The rest is up to you, and may the best nachos win!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/29 through Tuesday 11/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Tuesday 11/16.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Nice looking burger, but how is that nachos? Are the chips hidden inside somewhere? I don't get it, this is a Nacho's TD, not a nacho cheese TD. :noidea:

Nice looking burger, but how is that nachos? Are the chips hidden inside somewhere? I don't get it, this is a Nacho's TD, not a nacho cheese TD. :noidea:

Chips without nacho cheese topping is just chips.
Nachos is the cheese/pepper/meat topping.

You’ve obviously been hitting the Malort a bit hard. :becky:

So if I enter a bowl of queso & chorizo I can call it Nacho's? I'll let one of the more senior moderators chime in, but I think this is a far cry from nachos. Even your QTalk thread lists it as a nacho cheeseburger and not nachos.

Last edited:
***MODERATOR'S NOTE: Entries must match the featured Throwdown category***

Chips without nacho cheese topping is just chips.
Nachos is the cheese/pepper/meat topping.

You’ve obviously been hitting the Malort a bit hard. :becky:

Let's clear this up once and for all, shall we? From Merriam-Webster:

Nacho: a tortilla chip topped with melted cheese and often additional savory toppings (such as hot peppers or refried beans)
plural: nachos

John, that was a great looking burger, but it is NOT nachos. It wouldn't be much different if you submitted a burger that had pizza sauce and pepperoni for a pizza Throwdown.

So...which flavor of Dilly Bar do you prefer? :mrgreen:

Another option would be to submit a new entry that fits the category description, per the Throwdown rules:

[FONT=&quot]3. Entries must match the featured Throwdown category. It is your responsibility to read the opening post in the Throwdown which you plan to enter and ensure you fully understand the category before entering it. If your entry does not match the category it could be disqualified by the moderators. No excuses for misunderstanding the category will be tolerated for entries that the moderator finds to violate this rule.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
IN PROGRESS --> "Nachos" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, Nov 15th!!

Nacho: a tortilla chip topped with melted cheese and often additional savory toppings (such as hot peppers or refried beans)

John, that was a great looking burger, but it is NOT nachos. It wouldn't be much different if you submitted a burger that had pizza sauce and pepperoni for a pizza Throwdown.

Another option would be to submit a new entry that fits the category description, per the Throwdown rules:

[FONT=&quot]3. Entries must match the featured Throwdown category. It is your responsibility to read the opening post in the Throwdown which you plan to enter and ensure you fully understand the category before entering it. If your entry does not match the category it could be disqualified by the moderators. No excuses for misunderstanding the category will be tolerated for entries that the moderator finds to violate this rule.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I’m okay with the dilly bar, I knew it was a stretch when I posted it.

What i’m hearing is this entry is nacho type of nachos.

I still think y’all are splitting chips here and being cheesy with your decisions though.

Last edited:

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Okay fine!

2dbee827e88dfa3c544ca21814e3a8a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alrighty then...back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I'm definitely planning on entering this one - hopefully with some homemade chips, homemade salsas, and some kind of grilled meat...

A question for the TD poobahs-
Would smoked meat from the freezer be allowed?
Asking for a friend. ��

A question for the TD poobahs-
Would smoked meat from the freezer be allowed?
Asking for a friend. ��

Technically, yes. Entries must be prepared during the time the Throwdown runs, and there's no limitation on whether meat that is used in the entry is fresh or frozen.

So, your friend should be good to go! :thumb:

:biggrin1:

Thanks Richard!
Quite a few of the other ingredients will see some form of fire as well.

Back