THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The disposable aluminum pan idea worked great! You can somewhat see them in the photos below.

On the way home from work I stopped by the grocery store and found some ribeyes that needed to be sold by tomorrow and they were so deeply discounted that I couldnt pass them up! I figured it would be a great time to try out the grill grates.

I first set the Yoder to 225° and put the steaks on the indirect side of the grate to get some smoke. After about 40-50 minutes, they were at 110° internal temp, so I pulled them off and cranked up the heat. I then seared them for about 3 min per side until done. As the steaks were resting, I grilled up some asparagus to go with them.

DSC02955.jpg

DSC02960.jpg

DSC02966.jpg

I used a combo of Salt Lick Original Dry Rub and some Montreal Steak seasoning on the steaks. The taste was really good, although I slightly over-cooked the steaks. I like them med-rare and they were more toward the medium side.

I am pretty impressed with the grilling capability of the Yoder, but this unit really likes to consume pellets at higher temps. I will probably relegate most of my grilling duty to the XL BGE, we'll see....

Back