THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sweet looking Shirley!!

Looking at yours for so long just glad I finally have one.

THAT is having your priorities straight. Buy the Shirley first, then worry about paying the kid's college tuition. I love it!!!!

Nice but tuition is covered or the wife would kill me.

More like getting it while he can still afford it. My daughter has been in college forever... :shock::sad::wacko:

This is more accurate.:shock: Had one get out 2 years ago but now she is trying to finish her masters.

Paul I am glad you are happy with the cooker.... it was great meeting you and your lovely wife...... I just went and got a 200 pound hog I had processed.... man I am going to try that charcoal out..... I know it is going to be good...... got 2 cookers in the shop now .... with the same look yours has.... but not as many racks.... they may become popular.......thx for putting your confidence in us...... we appreciate it totally..... and thx to everyone else for the kind words..... Man it is unbearable in Alabama... you have to put your big boy draws on toe work in this humidity and sun..... I told them youngins today I like it like that...... was lying like a dog!!!!!!!

that is one sweet looking cooker.i have been looking forward to seeing how your cooker turned out ever since you described what you ordered. i really love the new design straight back. congrats and happy cooking.:thumb:

Its the same down here in southeast Texas. Walking outside is a instant steam bath. Especially with all the rain we have been getting.

Paul I am glad you are happy with the cooker.... it was great meeting you and your lovely wife...... I just went and got a 200 pound hog I had processed.... man I am going to try that charcoal out..... I know it is going to be good...... got 2 cookers in the shop now .... with the same look yours has.... but not as many racks.... they may become popular.......thx for putting your confidence in us...... we appreciate it totally..... and thx to everyone else for the kind words..... Man it is unbearable in Alabama... you have to put your big boy draws on toe work in this humidity and sun..... I told them youngins today I like it like that...... was lying like a dog!!!!!!!

Sweet Blue coming out of a fine looking smoker, Congrats and hoping for better weather for you!

Keep the prayers coming. I need them.

She's a beauty. What's her name?

Good luck!

I don't really name my cookers but I have sort of named her "The Vertizontal" since it has the features of both a reverse flow horizontal offset and a vertical offset.

that is one sweet looking cooker.i have been looking forward to seeing how your cooker turned out ever since you described what you ordered. i really love the new design straight back. congrats and happy cooking.:thumb:

I like it more every time I look at it. Can't wait until more start rolling out of Alabama. I really think 3 racks would have been plenty but...

I don't know who else I would want to build my cooker. If I ever need a bigger one it will be another Shirley. I appreciate you still answering all of my questions. I tend to have tons of questions...sorry. Humidity loves me. I had to move 4 tons of austin stone about 75 yards from where they dumped it. All I have is a medium duty wheelbarrow. Took me 3 hours or so. I was trying not to put more than 150-200LBS in each load but I still bent the poor wheelbarrow anyway. All I can say is Under Armour is my best friend in the summer. Keeps your shirt dry and your skin cool. Don't know what I did before it was invented.

Paul (aka Texas Pete):grin:

Update:
set the alarm for 5am to throw a butt on. 4:45 or so I was awakened by thunder. Started to rain hard. Just stopped about 45 minutes ago. We didn't see a drop all week. Forecast was for scattered showers. Local flooding in low areas but nothing like last month. Beginning to think someone is forcing my hand. I can see a cheap ez-up in my immediate future while I figure out a plan for a small structure.

Back