THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good eye, James. "Point" well taken. (HA!) I'll be breaking that corner for sure.
There is a baffle on the exhaust stack, no pictures though.

how far does the stack extend into the cook chamber? any pics?

Very nice build!:eusa_clap It looks a heck of lot better than the first custom store bought reverse flow cooker I had.

Great looking cooker!!!

Looks great .....the thing I would say because I use a lang is that I would want it turned around on trailor. the firebox at rear easier to get to and being so close to that wood on deck of trailor it may start on fire....Just my .02

I agree, I put a piece of cherry on my fire box for a couple of minutes to warm it up last winter and she caught fire in less than 5 minutes... I should add that it was about 15 degrees at the time!

The quality of the fabricating looks amazing for freebee work! I think you'll be suprised at how LITTLE fuel you need to keep a 225-250 temp in there. I'm not an advocate of copying but you should check out a Lang cooker before you rebuild your trailer. I think you'll be suprised how simple it could be to put an axle and tongue under that thing. Good job!

Great looking cooker!!!

I agree, I put a piece of cherry on my fire box for a couple of minutes to warm it up last winter and she caught fire in less than 5 minutes... I should add that it was about 15 degrees at the time!

He insulated the firebox - will it still get that hot?

Great looking rig, and I think the trailer is fine! I would rig some sort of platform where the sharp corner is to stand on, with maybe some sort of flip up step where the fenders will go. Although I like the idea of the firebox on the rear of the trailer, with a rig your size, I would leave like it is to keep the weight managable. Anyway, I do like your smoker.

Back