THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

....but.....but....where’s part one?:wink:

Serious question: what’s the fire code on cooking under a gazebo? I would like to do something like this myself, but have been hesitant. Your post sent me down the internet rabbit hole and I found (as usual) 10,000 different answers.

Here's Part 1. Having survived Covid and losing 2 family members and a really good friend from Covid I wanted nothing from China in my cooking areas. Everything is made in USA except the fridge. Not sure there is a US made refrigerator available.

Tec Gasser

Tec1-M.jpg

Fire Magic Griddle

Griddle1-M.jpg

Fridge goes here when we move.

Fridge1-M.jpg

The MAK goes here when we move.

MAK1-M.jpg

Hopefully moving as soon as we get back from the Indy 500.

Here's Part 1. Having survived Covid and losing 2 family members and a really good friend from Covid I wanted nothing from China in my cooking areas. Everything is made in USA except the fridge. Not sure there is a US made refrigerator available.

Tec Gasser

Tec1-M.jpg

Fire Magic Griddle

Griddle1-M.jpg

Fridge goes here when we move.

Fridge1-M.jpg

The MAK goes here when we move.

MAK1-M.jpg

Hopefully moving as soon as we get back from the Indy 500.

Haier bought GE Appliances, but they are still made here in Louisville, and I believe Haier refrigerators are made at a plant in South Carolina. I hate Chinese crap, but I have 2 Haier mini fridges and they are rock solid and keep beer right at the point of almost freezing if I want them to.

Fire code? I guess if it burns down I need a all metal gazebo. Seriously though I cant see the fire getting out of hand to be a problem.

Seems to me there’s got to be a common sense answer to how high the roof would need to be and what materials, but everything I find either comes under the posterior-covering “never ever cook under anything!” to “Aw hell, I cook in my van!”

Anyway, beautiful setup. I didn’t plan that far ahead when building my deck and now I’m left with a too-small area to work with. I can get a grill in and a side burner, (which is all I want, really) but almost zero counter space.

Back