My New Cooking Area Part 2

....but.....but....where’s part one?:wink:

Serious question: what’s the fire code on cooking under a gazebo? I would like to do something like this myself, but have been hesitant. Your post sent me down the internet rabbit hole and I found (as usual) 10,000 different answers.

Here's Part 1. Having survived Covid and losing 2 family members and a really good friend from Covid I wanted nothing from China in my cooking areas. Everything is made in USA except the fridge. Not sure there is a US made refrigerator available.

Tec Gasser

Tec1-M.jpg

Fire Magic Griddle

Griddle1-M.jpg

Fridge goes here when we move.

Fridge1-M.jpg

The MAK goes here when we move.

MAK1-M.jpg

Hopefully moving as soon as we get back from the Indy 500.

Here's Part 1. Having survived Covid and losing 2 family members and a really good friend from Covid I wanted nothing from China in my cooking areas. Everything is made in USA except the fridge. Not sure there is a US made refrigerator available.

Tec Gasser

Tec1-M.jpg

Fire Magic Griddle

Griddle1-M.jpg

Fridge goes here when we move.

Fridge1-M.jpg

The MAK goes here when we move.

MAK1-M.jpg

Hopefully moving as soon as we get back from the Indy 500.

Haier bought GE Appliances, but they are still made here in Louisville, and I believe Haier refrigerators are made at a plant in South Carolina. I hate Chinese crap, but I have 2 Haier mini fridges and they are rock solid and keep beer right at the point of almost freezing if I want them to.

Fire code? I guess if it burns down I need a all metal gazebo. Seriously though I cant see the fire getting out of hand to be a problem.

Seems to me there’s got to be a common sense answer to how high the roof would need to be and what materials, but everything I find either comes under the posterior-covering “never ever cook under anything!” to “Aw hell, I cook in my van!”

Anyway, beautiful setup. I didn’t plan that far ahead when building my deck and now I’m left with a too-small area to work with. I can get a grill in and a side burner, (which is all I want, really) but almost zero counter space.

Back