My LSG finally arrived

jhblaze1

Name or Nickame
Jim
Got my LSG 24x40 delivered yesterday. Came in more or less pristine condition other than a few minor surface scratches which I already touched up with the high temp paint.

This thing is amazing. So incredibly solid and overbuilt. The bill of lading said it was 1438lbs, but I'm assuming some of that was the crate. Regardless, getting this thing over the little lip at the end of the driveway was brutal, but I finally ended up getting her into the back yard.

I cannot wait to season it this weekend and hopefully run my first cook (ribs) on sunday.

Attachments

• lsg.jpg
    lsg.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 332
Congrats, that will be a lot of fun.

I've tried to imagine the difficulty of getting a smoker like that into my backyard. My 600# Brazos was difficult enough. I'd probably have to hire help.

Nice ... you could build a shed with all that wood ....

indeed.

I had just built a firewood rack and am kicking myself for not waiting and just repurposing this crate. Could have used one side as a "roof" and reassembled it and would have had a functional little covered wood shed.

Jim, Congratulations on that Beautiful Rig!!!!!!
I know that before long the thin blue will be hovering around your house. Get that Break In Fatty Going!!!

Great looking smoker! You'll love burning sticks on a great smoker like that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Congrats on the LSG, great rig. You could always use the wood for a nice lean too for the LSG. Fatty = a sausage roll smoked. Naked, with rub, wrapped in bacon...

Back