MO Blues and BBQ-Sedalia, MO 06/16-06/17

WheresBob said:
Since you asked so nice, I'll save my "special" rendition of White Wedding just for you at Midnight! There st of the evening I'll "sing" the regular stuff (bring your earplugs)!

Glad I bought a new stereo last week to drown you out... :roll:

Just so you know, ETA for the Meatheads will be about 11:00AM. Music to follow, say about noon!

Jeff, Jay is speaking from experience--unless you have a major amp, or you are far away from us, you will get to enjoy my serenading. It's best when it's loud!!

I've heard you, Bob. I'll have to agree it is obnoxious. I mean loud. Big Creek ETA at Sedalia approximately 8AM. Who wants to help with this big beast canopy?

RV camping spots?

Does anyone know if the camping spots are full RV spots in Sedalia--water, 30 amp elec., etc.?

WheresBob said:
Does anyone know if the camping spots are full RV spots in Sedalia--water, 30 amp elec., etc.?

The Web site says full water and electric hook ups. I'm pretty sure they're set up for big RV's during the State Fair. I wouldn't anticipate any problems.

River City Smokehouse said:
How large are the spaces at Sedalia?

No idea, Jim. Haven't heard myself. I'm expecting pretty good size but then again, it's not like they're state park or Corps of Engineers campgrounds.

A big Congrats to the MoKan Meatheads! I hear they were GRAND CHAMPS in Sedalia!!! Can't think of anyone else that deserves a call like that more. Way to go guys. (Bob - did they call yet and tell you your REAL score in ribs???)

I have not heard the rest of the calls - so here is a pre-congrats to all the other brothers that did well also!!!

Farkin' Meatheads kicked arse and took names! Awesome! When I'm not so tired, I think I got a couple of good pictures I can post... one right after they announced reserve and it wasn't the Meatheads (atthat point we all knew but no one seemed to want to get too excited) and a second as they got the GC call and were coming outta their seats! It was an awesome time and I'm proud as hell of Wayne, Bob, Ron and Marty!

Another great bit of news is that Bubba and Jeff's BBQ who only cooked their first contest ever at Warsaw in April got FIRST PLACE in chicken and tenth place overall! Both are here on the brethren site... Jeff FROM KC and Bubba! Congrats guys!!! Awesome accomplishment! These guys were pumped!

Team Q got a couple of calls also but the score sheets are in my wife's car and I don't recall what they got.

Fellow Brethren Chick n' Pig had a great honor also... watching his son Samuel get reserve grand champ in the 10 and under Kids Q! Way to go Samuel!

Oh yeah... Big Creek BBQ got a nice plaque for 4th place in brisket. We were highly disappointed in our ribs (overcooked badly) but surprised our chicken and pork didn't place higher. We finished 20th overall (45 teams).

Damn! Meatheads got Grand! It was their first, BTW so they all four got their cherries popped! That just farkin' rocks!

Here are the results. Congrats Wayne, Singin' Bob ( where's Bob) Ron and the rest of the Meat Heads!! There were 45 Teams and alot of big names that got spanked today!!

CHICKEN
1ST PLACE--- BUBBA AND JEFF'S BBQ
2ND PLACE---GANDY Q BBQ
3RD PLACE--- THE OINKS
4TH PLACE--- THE MEATEORITES

8TH PLACE--- MOKAN MEATHEADS

RIBS

1ST PLACE--- MOKAN MEATHEADS
2ND PLACE--- LIT AND LOADED
3RD PLACE--- TEAM Q
4TH PLACE--- GREAT GRILLS O FIRE ( 2005 AR GRAND CHAMP 2006 GAB GRAND CHAMP)

PORK

1ST PLACE--- SMOKIN ROYS
2ND PLACE---RABBIT GULCH FARMS
3RD PLACE--- MOKAN MEATHEADS
4TH PLACE--- MOONLIGHT BBQ

7TH PLACE---TEAM Q

BRISKET

1ST PLACE---FREDA'S REDNECK BBQ
2ND PLACE---CASUAL SMOKERS
3RD PLACE---GANDY BBQ
4TH PLACE---BIG CREEK BBQ

7TH PLACE--- CHICKNPIG BBQ

OVERALL

GRAND CHAMP---MOKAN MEATHEADS 671.4288
RESERVE GRAND--- SMOKIN ROYS 671. 4286

7TH PLACE---TEAM Q
10TH PLACE---BUBBA AND JEFF'S BBQ

Brothers we had a real good time!! Lots of walks for the Brethren!!

Spice

Rumor has it the Belly Brothers had a "Kick" arse day in Hallsville!

Congrats all around!!

Congrats brothers! You did the Brethren proud!

And Bob, for some reason, about 11:00 on Friday night, we thought the storm sirens were going off......then I realized it was just you singing.....but that sure is some projection you have.....carrying about 60 miles!:twisted: :wink:

Great show by all the guys!

I'll bet Wayne is still walking on air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIM

Last edited:
Solidkick said:
Congrats brothers! You did the Brethren proud!

And Bob, for some reason, about 11:00 on Friday night, we thought the storm sirens were going off......then I realized it was just you singing.....but that sure is some projection you have.....carrying about 60 miles!:twisted: :wink:

Thanks, brothers, it was quite a weekend for the Meatheads! Lots of fun, good friends, music and some hardware to top it off!

As for the singing, I had some help from Team Q right about 11:00! I think that's why you could hear the "sirens" so far away ("25 or 6 to 4," maybe?)! We need to work on our rendition of "My Sharona," though!!

Hey Bob, I know you guys were so pumped yesterday afternoon that you forgot but I was just curious if you used ribs with that "special" sugar I gave you. If so, remember... Dean & Deluca's... $17.95! Don't leave home without it!

Thank you brothers. What a great time - until we were hooking up Bob's camper and the rain started coming at us sideways. Tim, you are right, I am still in the clouds.

Along with the plaques and the money we also won 600 pounds (actually only got 500) of lump charcoal, which we loaded up and drove through rain all the way back to KC. The bags were actually entact on Sunday though so they survived pretty good.

It was really good to see al the brothers there - and a special congrats to Skippy's son for his showing in the kids Q - now that was awesome!!

Congrats to everyone else on their calls - especially Bubba and Jeff on their chicken and 10th place overall.

Back