Memorial Weekend! What’s the plan?

I recently took delivery of a new Patio Cooker built for me by Paul @ Shirley Fabrication. I am seasoning it this PM and plan to do a slab of whole Spareribs, a Fatty, and BBQ Beans in the warmer tomorrow as it will just be my wife and me at home tomorrow. This is my second Shirley, started with a 24x36, and this new one is just as easy to run as my first. Can’t wait to see how it cooks tomorrow.

Attachments

• 147C6293-44A8-467C-A4F7-314A64F3AC94.jpg
    147C6293-44A8-467C-A4F7-314A64F3AC94.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 51
We had a blast with the fam

Everyone enjoyed the food… the brisket and pulled pork on a bun was a hit

Lil Kayden (3yrs old) ate 3 plates of ham lol

Always enjoy the youngsters have’n fun

Y’all have a great evening and stay safe this weekend

Last edited:
Things left to do...

1. Get coffee!
2. Make cobbler filling
3. Brine chicken
4. Make salad
5. Get ribs smoking
6. Make iced tea
7. Grill chicken
9. Put together cobbler batter and bake cobbler.

Get'n Smokey - Details please on that ham!

Dusted with meat church honey hog and smoked with pecan. Rotated 1/4 turn every 30mins. Once up to temp, turned it slices up and poured (very warm) praline honey ham glaze over it (maybe 1cup) Back on the smoker for a bit then poured some more warm praline honey glaze over it the last 15mins. Wrapped and put in a warmer 145deg for bout 2 hours.

Adults and kids love it!

We have a few finicky eaters Lil Kayden being one and he ate 3 plates of ham with Mac n Cheese.

:peace:

My brisket turned out to be overdone, and it seemed to have a very large pocket of fat (not the deckle, it trimmed that) I missed, but boy was it damn tasty! Easily the best tasting brisket I made, but it certainly was not restaurant quality. But honestly, I'll take it.

I think I know what happened, and will adjust for the next one.

52938213480_60e7d31970_b.jpg

Back