Memorial Weekend! What’s the plan?

Get’n Smokey

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
A A Ron
Y’all hiding out on the water with smaiches this weekend or throwing a bash and breaking out the big smokers :gossip:

What’s the plan people

Having a wing ding kinda thing with my sister and hers. Only about 8 people.

using the WSM 18 and 22 and a 26 inch grills to get the wings done.
Smoked wings with Jess Pryles chili lime rub on the smoker.
Blackened wings on the green 22.
Breaded wings on the 26.
The copper 22 will handle the Parmesan garlic potatoes.
wing sauce and homemade blue cheese dressing.
Also some drunken fruit skewers for dessert.

Whatever my sis brings will be alright. Expecting a pot of beans.

Also my daughter's guy will show off some of his sourdough bread making skills.

Hot fires and cold beers.
Gonna have a good time :thumb:

Not sure. My brother is coming over to help redo my back deck. I will probably do Ribeye steaks and ribs.

Smoking a brisket (2nd attempt) and a pork butt for daughters party Saturday afternoon. Will put on the smoker Friday afternoon/evening.

My wife has to work and I'll have both kids all day. I might try and get us to the pool. But I doubt I'll be smoking anything. :(

Maybe a hot and fast grill, or something on the blackstone that evening.

I'm inviting my parents and the wife's parents over Sunday for this and the trimmings will include homemade potato salad (mustard base), vinegar base slaw, and homemade banana pudding.

Attachments

• Ribs_1.jpg
    Ribs_1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Ribs_2.jpg
    Ribs_2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Pork_Butts.jpg
    Pork_Butts.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
The extent of the cooking plan as of this moment: pizza!

Will also be spending a chunk of the weekend power washing the back patio, cleaning cookers, re-filling propane tanks, etc. In short, taking care of all the back yard stuff that's been studiously ignored since last fall. :oops:

Bruce

Family coming over the house on Sunday, doing 5 racks of St. Louis ribs, some homemade potato salad, pasta salad and some Hog Apple Baked Beans and some adult beverages.

Pre party warnings….
Warned and invited the neighbors ✔️

Might get a tad roudy Saturday night

Two years ago we had a visit from our local PD.. told us to quite down :mod:

Friday night one of the boys (Andrew) and I will be cooking 8 butts for his June 12 wedding on Daufuskie Island, SC.
Hopefully he'll have a glass of J. Henry and Sons bourbon with me and I can talk to him about being married.
Sunday I'll watch Indy just like I have since I was a little boy.
Monday I will ride my bike downtown to witness one of the states oldest Memorial Day ceremonies and fight back tears as wreaths are tossed off the bridge and 'Taps' is played.

BIL's bday, so I got a prime brisket ready to go. If I feel motivated enough, I may do snack sticks as well. The pools is finally open! All this happening on sunday. Monday, we rest and remember.

Back