THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad to hear you are doing better!

Your meal certainly looks wonderful and is what I expect of a good Oklahoma country girl! I'm guessing the 'not so good ones' don't make it and end up condemned to a big city somewhere. :p

Reminds me of Mom too! Is that a bad thing? :becky:

Glad to hear you are doing better!

Your meal certainly looks wonderful and is what I expect of a good Oklahoma country girl! I'm guessing the 'not so good ones' don't make it and end up condemned to a big city somewhere. :p

Reminds me of Mom too! Is that a bad thing? :becky:

Thank you Sid! :-D
lol Not sure I could live in a town or city.
That's a good thing! imo My mom taught me how to cook.:mrgreen:
Thanks!

Two Questions
Do Huckleberries taste like something else? blueberries etc?
trying to put a taste to picture
Chicken-fried is breaded?Maybe like we do Lamb chop?

Jeanie,

That's comfort food the way it is meant to be. :-D

Reminds me of a restaurant in Noble, OK where my sister lived - made some killer chicken fried steak.

Thanks John! Seems like most cafes here in Oklahoma make chicken fried steaks. If I ever get to Noble, I'll be asking for the location. I'd love to try them! :-D

Two Questions
Do Huckleberries taste like something else? blueberries etc?
trying to put a taste to picture
Chicken-fried is breaded?Maybe like we do Lamb chop?

To me, huckleberries have their own flavor. I can't think of anything they are similar to. They're pretty special!
Yes "chickenfry" is a coating. Might be how you do lamb chops!
I like to tenderize the steak...season with my smoked salt, pepper, garlic blend... dip them in flour, then into an egg/milk bath...then back into a seasoned flour before frying. Sometimes I use panko in the last seasoned flour dip for extra crunch.
Cafes here also make chickenfried chicken the same way. They use flattened chicken breasts.
Wild turkey breasts are great this way too. So is venison and pork cutlets. Shoot.... Anything chickenfried is hard to pass up. lol
Thanks Titch!

Back